Author Topic: Heated seat on an LC RT  (Read 6961 times)

OfflineSprintgull

• Retirement, aaahhhhh that's better.
    • Model/year: R1200RT / 2016, ebony
    Re: Heated seat on an LC RT
    « Reply #30 on: 2020-02-07 13:15:21 »
    Apologies for going back over old ground.

A few weeks back I posted that my Sargent seat appeared not to be heating (thanks to those who responded).  Well, there's more....  Yesterday I swapped back to the original BMW seat, and that's not heating either.  I've not had time to put a meter across it yet, but was wondering if anyone else has had a similar fault and found a fix for it.

Thanks!

OnlineHors Piste

• Model/year: R1250RT LE 2019
      « Reply #31 on: 2020-02-07 15:53:36 »
      I have a 2019 and did about 50 miles on it yesterday at ambient 6.5 and 5 bars setting.  I could just about feel the faint warmth.  Fortunately I had my Warm'n Safe jacket which kept me nice and toasty.

OfflinePeteM

• Model/year: R1250RT 2019
        « Reply #32 on: 2020-02-08 11:35:49 »
        Apologies for going back over old ground.

A few weeks back I posted that my Sargent seat appeared not to be heating (thanks to those who responded).  Well, there's more....  Yesterday I swapped back to the original BMW seat, and that's not heating either.  I've not had time to put a meter across it yet, but was wondering if anyone else has had a similar fault and found a fix for it.

Thanks!

Obvious first check - the fuse

OfflineSprintgull

• Retirement, aaahhhhh that's better.
          • Model/year: R1200RT / 2016, ebony
          « Reply #33 on: 2020-02-08 16:20:11 »
          I think the fuses are okay. Unless there's a hidden discrete fuse for the seats, there are only two on the 2016. Both control lots of stuff an everything else works. Actually the heated seats don't show on the which fuse controls what chart. Helpful.....

Online7vwh

• 2014 R1200RT LE RLJ233
            « Reply #34 on: 2020-02-09 17:50:29 »
            Last September on a euro tour I found neither heated seat would work and after a month of being back the battery failed. In the manual there is a fail safe where if there is insufficient power avaialble from the battery the seats won't work (page 77). It suggests there should be a battery warning symbol on the dash but I didnt get this. Just another consideration for you. Craig
            « Last Edit: 2020-02-09 17:53:47 by 7vwh »

Offlinebandytales

• Model/year: 2017
              « Reply #35 on: 2020-02-10 10:51:14 »

Obvious first check - the fuse

I think you will find there are no fuses on the LC bikes - apart from the massive main fuse. It's all controlled via the CANbus system.

Offlinebandytales

• Model/year: 2017
                « Reply #36 on: 2020-02-10 10:54:37 »
                So, what experience do other LC RT owners have with the heated seat (if only!)? For the record, mine is a 2015 model. Snotogram to BMW Head Office at Bracknell??

On my stock 'riders' seat, I could never feel the heat until I had covered a VERY long way. I now have a Sargent seat which warms up a tad quicker.
                If you are concerned, you could get a multi-meter on 'volts' and measure the voltage to the seat connector. Then on 'ohms' and measure continuity through the seat heating element.

The pillion seat heats up a lot quicker.

Online7vwh

• 2014 R1200RT LE RLJ233
                  « Reply #37 on: 2020-02-10 16:18:01 »
                  On my 2014 there’s a 50A fuse for the voltage regulator,
                  a 15A fuse for instrument cluster, alarm, ignition lock, diagnostic socket and top case light,
                  and a 7.5A fuse for left multifunction switch, tyre pressure control and audio system.