Author Topic: Metzler Roadtech 1  (Read 883 times)

Offlineheathy65

• Model/year: 2005 1200RT
    Metzler Roadtech 1
    « on: 2019-01-16 16:40:23 »
    Had a pair of Metzler Roadtech 1's fitted this morning on the recommendation of Mark Zamek at Litchfield Tyres. Wow, what a difference to the Avons that came off. Even in the really wet conditions I rode home in the grip is fantastic, role into corners totally predictable and slow riding stable.  Cheers Mark, excellent service as always.

OfflineCasbar

• Model/year: R1250RT 2019
      Re: Metzler Roadtech 1
      « Reply #1 on: 2019-01-16 18:23:50 »
      Had a pair of Metzler Roadtech 1's fitted this morning on the recommendation of Mark Zamek at Litchfield Tyres. Wow, what a difference to the Avons that came off. Even in the really wet conditions I rode home in the grip is fantastic, role into corners totally predictable and slow riding stable.  Cheers Mark, excellent service as always.

Grip is fantastic! You don't need to take it easy for 200 miles then. I know Conti Road Attack 3s apparently use a different system to get them out the mould so are good from the off, are Metzler the same?

OfflineGraham88

• Model/year: 2011
        « Reply #2 on: 2019-01-17 09:55:00 »
        Just had a pair of Roadtec 01's fitted a couple of weeks ago, they did feel a bit twitchy for the first 50 miles but came to life very quickly after that

OnlineDavid.

• Model/year: R 1200 RT / 2012 (Camhead)
          « Reply #3 on: 2019-01-17 10:41:10 »
          Metzeler Run-in , https://www.metzeler.com/en-uk/tech-safety/safety-maintenance

"For optimum performance, new tyres should be ridden on cautiously for the first 100-200 km. During this run-in period sudden acceleration, heavy braking, and hard cornering must be avoided."

Continental Breaking-in (Running Tyres In), https://www.continental-tires.com/motorcycle/technology/technical-handbook

"New tires have a smooth surface after the production process, which gets abraded only through the moderate breaking-in of the tires. Sudden braking and acceleration, and hard cornering should be avoided until the breaking-in process has been completed. Only after the surface of the tire is sufficiently abraded is the tire able to build up its maximum grip level."
          « Last Edit: 2019-01-17 10:51:56 by David. »

Offlineoddshapedballs

• Model/year: 2013 Twin Cam
            « Reply #4 on: 2020-06-26 12:31:37 »
            2nd set of Roadtec 01's here, amazing tyres, brilliant mileage, better wet grip than the PR4's I had previously and that doesn't seem to lessen as the tyre wears, in my experience riding on a half worn PR4 in the wet is a scary place to be.

Offlinebicyclenut

• Model/year: 2010 R1200RT
              « Reply #5 on: 2020-06-26 17:24:21 »
              I'm on my second set of Roadtec 01 tires. New set installed by dealer when I bought my RT used. Replaced 1st set with about 12,500 miles on them, could have probably gone another 2-3,000 miles but wanted to get it done before getting into the 2020 season. Excellent grip dry and wet, never experienced a traction problem from new until replaced. A bit of feathering of the tread as they wore but I have always seen that on previous Metzlers and Michelins.

OfflineOld-Git

• Model/year: R1200RT LE 2015
                « Reply #6 on: 2020-06-27 09:53:00 »
                I have the same. Can't criticise them apart from maybe extra tyre noise, but I just don't gel with them. RP5 GTs for me next.

OfflineB787MECH

« Reply #7 on: 2020-06-27 13:33:21 »
                  Really like the Roadtech 01’s . Unparalleled grip and handling in all conditions.
                  To be fair the only quibble is they get a little noisy when well worn and leant well over. Wouldn’t buy anything thing else though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk