Author Topic: Oops!  (Read 189 times)

OfflineMEM62

Oops!
    « on: 2019-04-15 14:09:46 »
    Other half's daughter followed me into a car park yesterday on a scooter and didn't stop.  She collided with my right hand panier and broke the cup that the bike mount tang fits into.  I have tried to fix it with a bonding solution but and not 100% convinced it will hold.  Looks like it might have to be a new pannier.  Anyone in the UK bought one recently?  (The bike is a 2012 twin-cam)         

Offlinebandytales

• Model/year: 2017
      Re: Oops!
      « Reply #1 on: 2019-04-15 15:06:37 »
      Other half's daughter followed me into a car park yesterday on a scooter and didn't stop.  She collided with my right hand panier and broke the cup that the bike mount tang fits into.  I have tried to fix it with a bonding solution but and not 100% convinced it will hold.  Looks like it might have to be a new pannier.  Anyone in the UK bought one recently?  (The bike is a 2012 twin-cam)       

Try Motorworks and James Sherlock and Ebay for secondhand case - you can transfer your lid across if it is colour matched.

OfflineMEM62

Re: Oops!
        « Reply #2 on: 2019-04-16 10:20:44 »
        Try Motorworks and James Sherlock and Ebay for secondhand case - you can transfer your lid across if it is colour matched.

Good call!  James sherlock have complete cases for £250 per side in black.  A carcass assembly from BMW (everything except the lid) is £230.  Much of what is listed on evilbay is in a worse state than mine.