Author Topic: Heated Seats  (Read 276 times)

Offlinematgriff

• Model/year: 2005 RT1200
    Heated Seats
    « on: 2019-11-12 10:55:18 »
    Hi, anyone been inside the heated seats on their R1200 ??   I have a 2005 RT with heated seats, and I'm thinking of getting both re-worked by Tony Archer, who's done a great job for me on my past three bikes.

Just wondering if the heating element can be easily added to a new gel insert or new foam, or does it have to be scrapped if the seats are re-worked ??

Thanks

Mat

OfflineRick B

• Model/year: 16 1200 RT LE
      Re: Heated Seats
      « Reply #1 on: 2019-11-12 11:28:10 »
      I phoned Tony a few months ago(he's done some belting work for me to) regarding a gel pad on my  2016 RT low seat due to it hardly having any foam,and he said that i wont be able to use the heat obviously due to it melting the gel pad.
      Hope this helps
       :kacsint2:

Offlinebandytales

• Model/year: 2017
        « Reply #2 on: 2019-11-12 17:46:54 »
        Just wondering if the heating element can be easily added to a new gel insert or new foam, or does it have to be scrapped if the seats are re-worked ??
        Hi Mat,
        Don't want to appear to be a Smart A***, but why not talk directly with him and avoid our Chinese whispers.

OfflineRick B

• Model/year: 16 1200 RT LE
          « Reply #3 on: 2019-11-13 05:37:13 »
          Just to clarify that my conversation with Tony regarding the gel pad in a heated seat was a genuine inquiry.