Author Topic: Introducing Myself  (Read 413 times)

OfflineShenders1

• Model/year: 2019 R1250RT
    Introducing Myself
    « on: 2019-12-30 02:19:37 »
    Hello folks, new here and thought I should introduce myself.

I've been riding motorcycles since I was a youngster; Moving, through the years, from dirt bikes to sport bikes to sport touring. I've spent the last ~ 4 years on a Ducati Multistrada, which is quite a nice bike in many ways.

But I've always loved the looks of the RT, and while on a November business trip to California, I rented a 2018 model: A tremendous mistake  ^-^ .  After two wonderful days in the desert and mountains, I was in love.  I was back home in Michigan less than two weeks before I traded the Multi in on a 2019 R1250RT. Now I'm impatiently waiting for spring...

So while I'm already an addicted motorcyclist, I still have lots to learn about the BMW marque and this bike in particular. This forum looks like a great place to do it!

Steve

OfflineR2K

• Model/year: R1250RT 2019
      Re: Introducing Myself
      « Reply #1 on: 2019-12-30 02:58:41 »
      Hello folks, new here and thought I should introduce myself.

I've been riding motorcycles since I was a youngster; Moving, through the years, from dirt bikes to sport bikes to sport touring. I've spent the last ~ 4 years on a Ducati Multistrada, which is quite a nice bike in many ways.

But I've always loved the looks of the RT, and while on a November business trip to California, I rented a 2018 model: A tremendous mistake  ^-^ .  After two wonderful days in the desert and mountains, I was in love.  I was back home in Michigan less than two weeks before I traded the Multi in on a 2019 R1250RT. Now I'm impatiently waiting for spring...

So while I'm already an addicted motorcyclist, I still have lots to learn about the BMW marque and this bike in particular. This forum looks like a great place to do it!

Welcome, we can help you get acquainted with the roundel and your R1250RT. This is mine.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191230/947d5bdcb2458839a4df860afad2c83b.jpg
      Introducing Myself

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OnlineBoB21

• Model/year: R1200RT LE 2017
        « Reply #2 on: 2019-12-30 16:51:02 »
        Welcome from across the pond

OfflineLycanit

• Model/year: Rt1200/2005
          « Reply #3 on: 2020-01-01 03:39:00 »
          Hello everyone,
           I'm James and thought I should introduce myself. I'm a long time rider of whatever the latest hottest big bore superbike was,is... Lol I have been off bikes 3 years and have felt the overwhelming need for another bike..
           I gave it up to get a couple of other toys.. COBRA.. cough, cough. Seeing the newest iteration I definitely wanted it. But wanting to introduce someone new to the sport I came across a 2005 red rt1200 with only 33k miles. Seemed a solid used bike with all the options.
          So here's to lurking, learning and planning on a newer model this next spring. And any advice or recommendations are always welcome.. the day I stop learning is the day I wake up dead..

Offlinehammo

• Model/year: 2018 RTLE
            « Reply #4 on: 2020-01-01 19:08:10 »
            Welcome my friend from across the pond , like yourself i have owned many bikes throughout my life but the RTLE is fantastic , reliable , comfortable and great handling hope you enjoy it as much as i do , safe and enjoyable journeys !!!!