Author Topic: Werks quite ride screen  (Read 365 times)

OfflineFish

Werks quite ride screen
    « on: 2019-12-02 03:46:20 »
    Hi All
    I’m looking at buying  a werks quite ride screen, I have spoken with Terry & he is advising the 24inch but my guts tells me get the 22, I’m hoping some of you that have the werks screen  on your bikes can  help , I am 5ft-7 , ride with seat in low seat position , have a set of ilium bar risers.
    My biggest concern with the 24 is my summer months were temps rise up to the 42C / 109F & I won’t get much air flow from the bigger 24 inch screen
    What do you guys run & any comments would be much appreciated

OfflineT6pilot

• Model/year: 15RT
      Re: Werks quite ride screen
      « Reply #1 on: 2019-12-02 04:27:56 »
      Fish
      I’am a short 6’1” and went with the 22inch 3 years now and couldn’t be happier, biggest + is it deflects the rain we never have in SOCAL, just kidding, quality shield and Werks as advertised
      Jim

OfflineFish

« Reply #2 on: 2019-12-02 08:16:46 »
        Cheers for reply Jim, can you see over the screen when fully raised or do you look through it & what position do you run your seat in high or low

OnlineCasbar

• Model/year: R1250RT 2019
          « Reply #3 on: 2019-12-02 11:55:54 »
          I am 5ft 8, ride with the seat in the normal position. I have the 24inch screen. When it is set it is about half way, so way below the eye level and I find I never have to adjust it. In the Summer, nothing like yours, I either have the screen fully down or in the normal position and get air, it is warm though, so its either air and its not clear air or run with the screen in the normal position and get clean air. Its better than the standard screen though

Offlinebandytales

• Model/year: 2017
            « Reply #4 on: 2019-12-02 12:24:01 »
            Hi All
            I’m looking at buying  a werks quite ride screen, I have spoken with Terry & he is advising the 24inch but my guts tells me get the 22, I’m hoping some of you that have the werks screen  on your bikes can  help , I am 5ft-7 , ride with seat in low seat position , have a set of ilium bar risers.
            My biggest concern with the 24 is my summer months were temps rise up to the 42C / 109F & I won’t get much air flow from the bigger 24 inch screen
            What do you guys run & any comments would be much appreciated

I really believe Terry has more experience than any of us on here about the best screen size for your body dims. Did you discuss your trunk length?

I do understand your caution though, because I am a fairly 'British standard' 5'10" and use the seat on the upper setting and I use a 24" screen. So maybe another discussion with Terry would be worth it.

Offlinerealshelby

• WERKS Quiet Ride RT-LC
            « Reply #5 on: 2019-12-02 16:17:52 »
            We have had several conversations! Which I am glad to have. He really could go with either size. He has a tall torso for the height, and runs the seat in the low position. Much of what I have learned points to 22" tall......but where he runs the stock screen leads and the taller torso leads to the 24". Should the seat get replaced, even if the seat were run in the higher position, then the 24" would work best while at speed.

Everything is a compromise. There is no doubt the 24" will be ever so slightly better at speed under all conditions. BUT...the 22" would allow more airflow onto the rider at low speeds when in traffic for instance. And still work better than the stock screen at speed. I tend to go with the taller screen when there is a question. The taller screen is always quieter and smoother at speed....and that is where on average most of our time is spent. (Yet the difference might only be obvious when testing back to back).
            WERKS Quiet Ride windshields for R 1200 RT LC

OfflineFish

« Reply #6 on: 2019-12-03 12:57:31 »
              Thanks Guys for the feed back , I think I will go with the 24inch as per Terry’s advice , at the end of the day the hot summer months are only for 3 months of the year & 90% of my riding is above 70mph so I think the 24 will be the right screen for me.
              Will post again once installed.
              Happy riding gents

OfflineBooger man

• Model/year: 2018 R1200RT
                « Reply #7 on: 2019-12-08 05:54:46 »
                Go with Terry’s advise....he was spot on with me. The best after market shield for the RT period.