Author Topic: Fitting Cyclops LED headlight conversion  (Read 1049 times)

OfflineRTeousJohn

• Model/year: R1250RT 2019
    Fitting Cyclops LED headlight conversion
    « on: 2020-04-23 22:20:28 »
    Having run the Cyclops conversion on my KTM 1190 Adventure - a paint-blistering improvement on a performance bike badly let down by lousy lights, I wanted to do the same on a recently acquired 1250RT.

Thanks to Mike Bines at Sportouring.co.uk for promptly supplying the kit.  It took a while to strip the front end of the bike and get the headlight out - but all in not a bad job.
    The Cyclops instructions covered fitting the separate lamp adaptor rings into the housing very well, but I baulked at squeezing the electronics between the shell and reflectors, until I took advice from TJRL and MarkMDill here, who had done the same before me: many thanks guys![size=78%] [/size]

Now all done, massively boosted light output, and no dashboard warnings - so a happy bunny here.
    To help others here is a picture showing approx placement of the leecy bits:  https://link.shutterfly.com/t85XlUQkV5 [/font][/size][size=78%]   [/size]

From a static test it is plain to see the huge increase on light output and I thoroughly recommend the result.  And I may not need to reach in there [like the gynaecologist painting the hallway through the letterbox?] in the life of the bike.

All I need now is a 'key worker' reason to go out... O:-)

R1250RT Red-Slate

OfflineNLC

• Model/year: R1200 RT LE (2016)
      Re: Fitting Cyclops LED headlight conversion
      « Reply #1 on: 2021-10-16 10:57:13 »
      How has the install worked out? Looking to do the same for my 2016 rt.

Onlineburridge01

« Reply #2 on: 2021-10-16 12:15:59 »
        I'm interested in this as well, also with a 16 1200.

OfflineFourbears

« Reply #3 on: 2022-01-14 15:52:21 »
          Having found the headlight at night on my ‘16 LC is rather pants I had a recommendation to change to Intel LED bulbs. Well I changed them and the dip beam is not much better. So are there any other bulbs that are any better? I have used Oscan Nightbreakers in the past which improve the light output but is the Cyclops kit better? They are shockingly expensive so I would expect top notch vision from them. I don’t mind taking the headlight unit out again but if I do I want something that will be a decent improvement.