Author Topic: What to do now?  (Read 214 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offlinestayingupright

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 375
  • Country: gb
  • RT LE Iconic. "Fastest" Smoked candy Bordeaux #52
    • Model/year: 2016 R1200RT Iconic
    What to do now?
    « on: 2020-06-27 15:17:10 »
    It looks like parts of the world are starting to open back up again.

    Have you booked a trip already or waiting to see what happens first?

    When and where are you going?

    I was born with nothing and unfortunately I still have most of it left.

    Offlinesimbo

    • Hero Member
    • *****
    • Posts: 839
    • Country: gb
      • Model/year: R1200RT 2011
      Re: What to do now?
      « Reply #1 on: 2020-06-27 15:58:04 »
      I booked the ferry to Santander on the 25th of August with a return date 10 days later back in January, we've booked various B&B's in and around the Picos and Pyrenees. Hopefully all will be OK by then? 🤞
      The GS 'is' the better bike :-)

      OfflineMikeS

      • Full Member
      • ***
      • Posts: 200
      • Country: gb
        • Model/year: R1250RT 2019
        Re: What to do now?
        « Reply #2 on: 2020-06-27 16:08:20 »
        Still adopting a wait and see approach for a couple of weeks. Not actively planning a foreign bike trip this year but will probably start looking for a "beach" holiday in September.


        Seems strange that we are going to be able to travel to Spain, France etc before Wales or Scotland.

        OfflineEasyrider5258

        • Newbie
        • *
        • Posts: 31
        • Country: gb
        • 2019 R1250RT.SE Alpine White
          Re: What to do now?
          « Reply #3 on: 2020-06-27 16:18:57 »
          Paid the balance on a outbound ferry to Santander 06/09 staying near Potes for 7 nights H/Board hotel de Oso return 14th Sept all going ahead, all monies protected anyway if cant go ahead, but sure it will  :)
          East Anglia (Fenland)

          Offlinetojjer

          • Jr. Member
          • **
          • Posts: 68
          • Country: gb
            • Model/year: R1200RT LE / 2016
            Re: What to do now?
            « Reply #4 on: 2020-06-27 17:17:23 »
            Let's just hope and pray that all these cretins that have packed the beaches and the ones having illegal raves and parties haven't cocked it up again and caused a second wave.
            Problem being, we won't see any effects of their idiotic behaviour for a couple of weeks probably.

            Offlinesimbo

            • Hero Member
            • *****
            • Posts: 839
            • Country: gb
              • Model/year: R1200RT 2011
              Re: What to do now?
              « Reply #5 on: 2020-06-27 18:36:21 »
              Let's just hope and pray that all these cretins that have packed the beaches and the ones having illegal raves and parties haven't cocked it up again and caused a second wave.
              Problem being, we won't see any effects of their idiotic behaviour for a couple of weeks probably.


              Don't forget the BLM protests as well, or are they immune to the virus?..
              The GS 'is' the better bike :-)

              Offlinetojjer

              • Jr. Member
              • **
              • Posts: 68
              • Country: gb
                • Model/year: R1200RT LE / 2016
                Re: What to do now?
                « Reply #6 on: 2020-06-27 23:08:46 »

                Don't forget the BLM protests as well, or are they immune to the virus?..


                You'd think so the way the mass gatherings have gone on

                OfflineMikeS

                • Full Member
                • ***
                • Posts: 200
                • Country: gb
                  • Model/year: R1250RT 2019
                  Re: What to do now?
                  « Reply #7 on: 2020-06-28 09:08:46 »

                  "I booked the ferry to Santander on the 25th of August with a return date 10 days later back in January, we've booked various B&B's in and around the Picos and Pyrenees. Hopefully all will be OK by then?"


                  "Paid the balance on a outbound ferry to Santander 06/09 staying near Potes for 7 nights H/Board hotel de Oso return 14th Sept all going ahead, all monies protected anyway if cant go ahead, but sure it will  "


                  Any significant Covid restrictions/ exclusions been placed on your travel insurance? Nationwide emailed me some info but haven't read it yet.

                  OfflineOld-Git

                  • Full Member
                  • ***
                  • Posts: 166
                  • Country: gb
                    • Model/year: R1200RT LE 2015
                    Re: What to do now?
                    « Reply #8 on: 2020-06-28 10:17:10 »
                    I hadn't planned any foreign tours on the BMW this year - I'm going to the himalayas to ride an enfield later in the year if it still goes ahead - so I signed up to the round britain rally. 80 landmarks, that kept me busy researching and route planning, I've done 26 so far, aim to complete England on a long ride next week, other two contries to follow when allowed.

                    Offlinehammo

                    • Full Member
                    • ***
                    • Posts: 128
                    • Country: gb
                      • Model/year: 2018 RTLE
                      Re: What to do now?
                      « Reply #9 on: 2020-06-28 11:56:42 »
                      Hoping to go to Normandy France sometime this year have not made any concrete plans yet will wait till end of this month ,  any of you guys/girls have done it i,m open to idea,s ferry ? best one to Normandy i was looking at Caan ?

                      OfflineMikeS

                      • Full Member
                      • ***
                      • Posts: 200
                      • Country: gb
                        • Model/year: R1250RT 2019
                        Re: What to do now?
                        « Reply #10 on: 2020-06-28 12:10:56 »
                        Hoping to go to Normandy France sometime this year have not made any concrete plans yet will wait till end of this month ,  any of you guys/girls have done it i,m open to idea,s ferry ? best one to Normandy i was looking at Caan ?


                        Used the Portsmouth ferry option a few times, usually take the overnight ferry with a cabin as it means getting an early start feeling fresh. The cheap recliner chair may sound an attractive option but I wouldn't bother, it looks awful.


                        Caen is OK on the way out but I prefer the Le Havre return crossing as there's a reasonable choice of restaurants within walking distance of the ferry port. I like a leisurely evening meal before boarding rather than waiting till after 11pm to eat on the boat.
                        « Last Edit: 2020-06-28 12:14:36 by MikeS »

                        OfflineEasyrider5258

                        • Newbie
                        • *
                        • Posts: 31
                        • Country: gb
                        • 2019 R1250RT.SE Alpine White
                          Re: What to do now?
                          « Reply #11 on: 2020-06-28 12:45:21 »
                          "Paid the balance on a outbound ferry to Santander 06/09 staying near Potes for 7 nights H/Board hotel de Oso return 14th Sept all going ahead, all monies protected anyway if cant go ahead, but sure it will "
                          Any significant Covid restrictions/ exclusions been placed on your travel insurance? Nationwide emailed me some info but haven't read it yet.
                          No, annual multi trip policy purchased pre covid in January with Aviva policy covers cancellations and as purchased pre covid all covered, Brittany ferries have confirmed refund in event of cancellation, and failing all that it was all paid by credit card and they told me they would refund as well!
                          « Last Edit: 2020-06-28 12:47:38 by Easyrider5258 »
                          East Anglia (Fenland)