Author Topic: New member and getting back into riding  (Read 725 times)

OfflineBackofbeyond

• Model/year: Getting back into riding and looking to buy my first RT
    New member and getting back into riding
    « on: 2021-10-20 13:33:08 »
    Hello folks, looking to get back into riding after a few years away from it. I have had my eye on an RT for years but always thought it was a grown up bike, now time has moved on and I think its time. I am based in the west of Scotland with some great roads around me, new member too, cheers Paul

OfflineCalifornia Dreamin

• Model/year: R1200RT
      Re: New member and getting back into riding
      « Reply #1 on: 2021-10-21 06:11:48 »
      Dive in.  New owner of 2018 R1200RT for one month now with 1,500 miles logged.  As a newbie, I was most caught off guard by the deceptive speed of the RT.  In terms of my expectations, it has exceeded everything I thought it was going to be.  Great combo of performance and comfort.         

OfflineTalisker

• Model/year: 2020
        « Reply #2 on: 2021-10-21 22:59:56 »
        Hi Paul, There are very few on here who would have a bad word to say about the RT.  I include myself in their number.  Buy with confidence and enjoy the glorious roads in the west.  Best regards from the east.  :D

Offlinebeemerboy9

• Model/year: R1250RT 2019
          « Reply #3 on: 2021-10-21 23:55:16 »
          Hello folks, looking to get back into riding after a few years away from it. I have had my eye on an RT for years but always thought it was a grown up bike, now time has moved on and I think its time. I am based in the west of Scotland with some great roads around me, new member too, cheers Paul

Welcome.  It is a wonderful to feel that one has "grown up".

Some experience this sooner than others....
          John Bentall