Author Topic: Cam tools.  (Read 2411 times)

OfflineDartman340ta

• Model/year: 81 r100 RT. 2015 1200 RT
    Cam tools.
    « on: 2020-11-23 00:23:16 »
    I have the list I’ve checked google.any one else no the available information on them.

OfflineDartman340ta

Re: Cam tools.
      « Reply #1 on: 2020-11-25 00:15:31 »
      I’m guessing here.  But I haven’t  found anything anywhere, I’m also guessing no one on here has found any information on these tools either.   Bummer. 

OfflineDavid.

• Model/year: R 1200 RT / 2012 (Camhead)
        « Reply #2 on: 2020-11-25 09:27:02 »
        Found this thread, /index.php?topic=1837.msg14392#msg14392 it lists the tools & where they can be purchased from, inc. a BMW dealer.
        « Last Edit: 2020-11-25 09:33:50 by David. »

OfflineRossyuk39

• R1200RT-LE 2015
          • Rossys Advanced Training (RAT)
        « Reply #3 on: 2020-11-25 13:06:27 »
        I attempted to order these special tools back in 2018, they were not available from BMW and that included Germany.

This month however, the tools are available from BMW outlets but they have increased in price GREATLY !   :(

Keep on the grey bits .....Rossy

OnlineBoB21

• Model/year: R1200RT LE 2017
          « Reply #4 on: 2020-11-25 15:20:41 »
          This month however, the tools are available from BMW outlets but they have increased in price GREATLY !   [/size]

Probably price to be reduced greatly on Friday.  Love/# American capitalism.

OfflineDartman340ta

« Reply #5 on: 2020-12-04 18:09:33 »
            Well the tools for cam timing is on order 480 and change. Dealer parts only sorry guys. 

OfflineLC cool

« Reply #6 on: 2021-02-12 18:55:22 »
              Image result for R1200 camshaft tools

OfflineBoxflyer

• Boxflyer R1200RTW Service
              • Model/year: 2016 R1200RT
              « Reply #7 on: 2021-02-19 19:41:22 »
              Currently I'm working on a DIY version of the Alignment Pin that locks the rotor of the alternator at TDC, necessary for doing the timing check along with the Cam Tension tool.

I have about 10 of the DIY Cam Chain Tensioners built and when I get an equal number of TDC tools built, I think I'll sell a set of tools as a kit…all 3 parts needed—DIY TDC Tool, DIY Cam Chain Tension Tool, and OEM Cam alignment Jig…if there is any interest?

I'm not taking orders or making a list just yet…the Cam Chain Tensioners are fully made and tested, but the TDC tool is still in prototype.
              R1200RTW 12K Mile/20K KM Service Part 1/6—https://youtu.be/0exJbyMnGQg

OfflineOld-Git

• Model/year: R1200RT LE 2015
                « Reply #8 on: 2021-02-20 09:31:16 »
                Currently I'm working on a DIY version of the Alignment Pin that locks the rotor of the alternator at TDC, necessary for doing the timing check along with the Cam Tension tool.

I have about 10 of the DIY Cam Chain Tensioners built and when I get an equal number of TDC tools built, I think I'll sell a set of tools as a kit…all 3 parts needed—DIY TDC Tool, DIY Cam Chain Tension Tool, and OEM Cam alignment Jig…if there is any interest?

I'm not taking orders or making a list just yet…the Cam Chain Tensioners are fully made and tested, but the TDC tool is still in prototype.
                Yes, if you would ship to the UK...?

OfflineFathead1250rt

• Model/year: 1250rt
                  « Reply #9 on: 2022-07-18 03:27:15 »
                  I don’t see Amy responses but if you plan to sell any of these tools, you’ll have a customer in me. 

OfflineBoxflyer

• Boxflyer R1200RTW Service
                  • Model/year: 2016 R1200RT
                  « Reply #10 on: 2022-07-18 04:32:06 »
                  I do have DIY Tools for both the R1200 WetHead and the R1250 ShiftHead.

At this time, I'm not shipping outside the USA because I dislike dealing with Customs and International payments and shipping...sorry if that affects you.

I am doing 3 days (7/23/24/25 2022) of WetHead/ShiftHead TechDay 12k Services to include Cam Timing and Valve Clearance adjustments over the next weekend and I'll see how many of the tools I have left. 
                  https://www.bmwsporttouring.com/topic/103697-akron-and-indy-area-boxflyer-wetheadshifthead-tech-days/

The DIY Cam Chain Tensioner is made from a donor OEM cam chain tensioner and they are getting scarce for me to make more.  Right now, I have about 20 kits made up and I'll be selling them at my 12k TechDays, so I may be out of stock as soon as next weekend.

Here is more info about the tools I make/use to complete a Cam Timing and Valve Clearance Check on the R1250 series of ShiftHead.
                  https://youtu.be/CZ8N--cQ7mI

There's an update to the DIY Cam Chain Tensioner I make...it's more clear and concise from the original one I posted on YouTube back in March of 2019.
                  https://youtu.be/Bdgya5UgD6Y

You can PM me in a week or so to see if I have any of these tools for sale.
                  I don't post my price list on these forums since once I make a post about the pricing, I sometimes can't ever edit the post and it's difficult to keep up with the thread as time goes by.

Hope this helps and please only contact me via PM for specific details about getting some of these tools.
                  Boxflyer

R1200RTW 12K Mile/20K KM Service Part 1/6—https://youtu.be/0exJbyMnGQg

Offline60Aviator

• Model/year: R1250RT/2021
                    « Reply #11 on: 2022-07-20 02:57:51 »
                    I have Boxflyer's tools and they work great. Plus he has videos on YouTube too.

“I’d rather go down the river with seven studs than with a hundred shitheads” Charlie Beckwith