New member in Essex UK

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Catfunt

New member in Essex UK

Post by Catfunt »

Hi all, just joined to gather more info about my 2013 Camhead. Do all my own maintenance. Bike has been pretty much faultless since new. Toured Scotland, the Black Forest B500 and a few trips to France along with shorter runs around the UK for work/pleasure.
---- 2013 R1200RT SE ----
Spencert231

Re: New member in Essex UK

Post by Spencert231 »

Welcome to the forum Catfunt i take it you're on the large sidenotI am sure we will all at some point pick your brains on maintenance of the bike,me I'm pretty useless i can ride and clean that's about it, so if stupid questions come your way don't be surprised.  Having said that there are some well capable guys like yourself in maintenance, along with sat nav gurus, and electronic wizards, a bit of a full house which is great. Welcome. 
Catfunt

Post by Catfunt »

On the large side but trying to lose a few pounds. Been using a push bike for the first time in 30 odd years lately. 17 stone on a saddle like a razorblade and my farmers are playing havoc. Still, its got to be done  :)
---- 2013 R1200RT SE ----
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

Catfunt wrote: On the large side but trying to lose a few pounds. Been using a push bike for the first time in 30 odd years lately. 17 stone on a saddle like a razorblade and my farmers are playing havoc. Still, its got to be done  :)
I know the feeling just had Radical Prostatectomy Removal and i am in bits at the moment ex mil super duper fit, rugby, club cyclist and fat as f%^ck at the moment looking for a saddle with no nose to keep any pressure of the gonads, located a couple trying to make a choice.  I sat on my road bike (bicycle) for about 3 seconds and was off it faster than you can shake a stick, no way. I used to do a lot of cross country skiing and trying this Nordic Stick lark anything to shed some weight.  Hey you and me both could be a team and i would be batfastard.
stelyn

Post by stelyn »

Hi Catfunt, and  welcome to the forum,  enjoy...... 8)
Only a Motorcyclist knows why a dog rides with his head out the car window