What have you got planned for 2015?

Going on a touring trip? please tell us all about it. Or do you have questions on touring feel free to ask away.
stayingupright

Re: What have you got planned for 2015?

Post by stayingupright »

Not 2015 as such, but planning for 2016 ....

The "Ride" motorcycle tour of Spain over 3 weeks next August
I was born with nothing and unfortunately I still have most of it left.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

With a longish haul to Austria this month, next year an organised tour to Luxembourg in 2016.  On the doorstep of the Eiffel and the Ardennes and the Mosel.
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

RTman10 wrote: With a longish haul to Austria this month, next year an organised tour to Luxembourg in 2016.  On the doorstep of the Eiffel and the Ardennes and the Mosel.
I did grape picking in the Eiffel in 1971, now then, what bike did I have then was it an Ariel Pixie or a Matchless 350 with 2nd and 4th gears either way they were back in Wales and definitely would not have made it to Munster West Falia. Have a great time been to the Ardennes when I lived in Antwerp you will have a great time I'm sure.
mad max

Post by mad max »

After Heart transplant 15 months ago, to continue four corners, touched the southeast corner two weeks ago (Key West), did 4400 miles in 10 days. Did Cape Flattery, WA in August, looking forward to Maine, but south California, not so much.
Steve Martin
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

steve martin wrote: After Heart transplant 15 months ago, to continue four corners, touched the southeast corner two weeks ago (Key West), did 4400 miles in 10 days. Did Cape Flattery, WA in August, looking forward to Maine, but south California, not so much.
Hey Steve, that's pretty awesome after such a BIG OP you must be feeling pretty good with yourself and I will raise a glass when I get the chance  :beer: . I am in my 6th day of recovery from Radical Prostatectomy removal  I had not contemplated the earlier pain, but then I look around at guys like you and think what a "wuss" get on with it. So Steve there are some places and things to do and looking forward to some riding.  Best of luck with your adventures.
stelyn

Post by stelyn »

steve martin wrote: After Heart transplant 15 months ago, to continue four corners, touched the southeast corner two weeks ago (Key West), did 4400 miles in 10 days. Did Cape Flattery, WA in August, looking forward to Maine, but south California, not so much.
Steve, you and Spencer are `real inspirations',  I'll never complain again about swallowing  just a few pills daily for diabetes,  best wishes to you both on your recoveries......... ;)
Last edited by stelyn on Mon May 11, 2015 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Only a Motorcyclist knows why a dog rides with his head out the car window
Chad

Post by Chad »

Off to Germany tmw! Hull ferry overnight to Rotterdam then straight to St. Goer (Sankt Goar) near Koblenz on the Rhine for lunch before heading to our first destination 'Wurzburge' at the top of the romantic road. Haven't booked the rest of the places yet as we like to have the freedom of doing what we want, where we want! Probably travel most of the romantic road again but not yet sure wether to break off for Heidleberg (our favourite) or travel down to France & visit Colmar, France's little Venice. Is anyone else over in the region? for a possible rendezvous for a nice German beer...
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

Have a great time Chad sounds like it's going to be a romantic trip :)) . Heidelberg is a really nice place had a week there when a German Rugby Club Hannover Victoria I was coaching were playing in the Bundersleague Final (we won of course) the first time in their history. But a really pretty and typically German place Lots of lederhosen knocking around, hey maybe you should get a pair and start a new fashion in Yorkshire  it would be really cool.
STeinar

Post by STeinar »

Starting a 4 week Europe tour Saturday 11/7. 
Two days in Denmark to cool it down, and then two/tree days in different historical cities in Germany for a week or two before entering Switzerland
Teen south tyrol and Austria - where we will find some "Hochstraße” on the way to Vienna.
New oil and tires - and ready to go :-)
Hopefully not 40c.

richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

STeinar wrote:

Starting a 4 week Europe tour Saturday 11/7. 
Two days in Denmark to cool it down, and then two/tree days in different historical cities in Germany for a week or two before entering Switzerland
Teen south tyrol and Austria - where we will find some "Hochstraße” on the way to Vienna.
New oil and tires - and ready to go :-)
Hopefully not 40c.

Sounds like fun Steinar - enjoy...
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

Hey Steinar that sounds like a cultural trip and for four weeks whow! Enjoy and make sure we get a great road trip report.
Chad

Post by Chad »

Well, the trip started off ok despite the thunderstorm near Koblenz that resulted in all the traffic stopping in the autobahn... Had a great time riding south down the romantische Strasse. However when we arrived at our hotel in Heidelberge I received some very upsetting news from home which resulted in my wife & I leaving for home straight away. Not the most enjoyable ride home.
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

Sorry to hear your trip was curtailed on compassionate grounds Chad and the need to return to the UK, maybe next time.
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

Sorry to hear that Chad - sounds pretty drastic stuff.

Good luck on the way back...
paynes1
Bike Model and Year: 2022 R1250RT
Great Britain

Post by paynes1 »

Just done a 7-8 day trip with some friends.

Went via the tunnel, and stopped at the Mohne Dam en route to stay near Dresden  Visited Colditz, Dresden, the VW 'transparent Factory' in Dresden, Buchenwalde Camp, various castles and museums and a quick visit to the Czech Republic.  Stopped in Ypres for the night before travelling back through the tunnel.

Just less than 2500 miles.

Great time had by all. Already planning next year's trip to either Normandy (again) or to Luxembourg.

Steve P