Off to Spain soon

Going on a touring trip? please tell us all about it. Or do you have questions on touring feel free to ask away.
MEM62

Off to Spain soon

Post by MEM62 »

We sail for Spain on August 4th and already I can't wait.  We are going to stay in the north this time so will probably plan a loop from Santander round to Burgos, Jaca, Pamploma and San Sebastian. 
Spencert231

Re: Off to Spain soon

Post by Spencert231 »

Sounds great MeM62 going to look at a map as I don't recognise some places. You need to get a few San Miguels down to climatize before going.
BMjoe64

Post by BMjoe64 »

Sounds good, went a bit further east last year, from Jaca on the N260 to Near Andorra, great ride.Whatever you do don't go anywhere near Durango cos it's a total tip.
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

BMjoe64 wrote: Sounds good, went a bit further east last year, from Jaca on the N260 to Near Andorra, great ride.Whatever you do don't go anywhere near Durango cos it's a total tip.
Durango sounds like a place of Fistfull of Dollars

BMjoe64

Post by BMjoe64 »

Ha ha, just spotted your response Spencert231. Durango was more like the (no) good, the (very) bad and (loads of) the ugly.
Worse nights choice for stopover on bike trip ever. But it was very cheap.
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

Hey BMjoe64 I keep reading in this ever changing world of our 'its all about the journey' not the getting there.  So on that presumption overnight stops and holiday destinations are unimportant it's the riding that matters  :)) :))
BMjoe64

Post by BMjoe64 »

Fair comment, but on this occasion the journey from Jaca to Durango was also pretty crap. Chucked it down with rain for most of the day, road closures and some bad surfaces on some of the detours. So was looking for a nice overnighter on what was our last night of the trip. Turned out to be the worst day/night ever, but we made up for it on the ferry trip back to UK.  :beer: :beer: :beer:
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

Hey Joe you got that right always finish on an high. I bet as the time goes by you will look back on the bad ride, bad weather and bad overnight stop as a talking point and another experience in the bank of memories, betcha.