ESA shock sensor

Having Problems with your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT? or have some Maintenance and Service questions?
merrigr

ESA shock sensor

Post by merrigr »

Hello, I'm new to the board, greetings from Nashville. 

New 2015 ebony for me with all but electronic key as options.  Love, love love the handling and torque and looks.  1000 miles now.

Thought I had major problem but simple fix, must have hit a big bump or not quality checked but ESA rear shock sensor got disconnected causing shock adjustor "clicking" sound when attempting to change into rain and dyna mode from "road" mode where bike was "stuck" and whew, no big deal.   

Outside of stiff sometimes clunky clutch shift from 1st and 2nd and also using shift assistant lunge, Very nice and smooth/strong/sturdy feeling.  Might be my technique, but tried several ways, I think it's character and long break in.

Ride Safe!

Previous bikes include 12 multistrada, 12 rr, 08 st3, 11 r6, 13 ninja 1000, 10 monster 796. 
Spencert231

Re: ESA shock sensor

Post by Spencert231 »

Welcome merrigr great that you teething issue is not a major one. Yeah the bike will be a bit tight for a while. With regards the gear shift assist that's been discussed on the forum some use it from all the time others only some times from certain gears Up or down. The way I see it is you have to have 2000+rpm to make it work without sounding like the box is coming two i.e. The higher the revs the smoother the change.

Enjoy the bike shame about the colour we all know greys the best  :))
Shinyface408

Post by Shinyface408 »

Spencer, Grey is old hat...............be  The future is Ebony well til 2017 anyway  :))

Ebony ones have smother gearboxes too....and leaking water pumps  :nervous:

Shinyface  ;)
merrigr

Post by merrigr »

Thanks fellows, I must be colorblind, looks black to me ;). 
Anyone seen a windshield that can allow more wind on you on these super hot days other than buying a shorter one?  Like a slideable vent or something?
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

You could be on to something there with a slide able vent it even a slide able windshield  :)) . Blacks nice, but I love my grey 8)