Bluetooth

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
MEM62

Re: Bluetooth

Post by MEM62 »

RTman10 wrote: Sure you have discovered it has just one VOX adjustment screw. If you haven't found it it's under the battery cover
Little white plastic thing. Turn it clockwise will increase the VOX, ie you will need yo talk louder. Adjust it a tiny bit at a time.
Thanks for the heads up.  We'll play with it in the garage to make sure that we can still trigger it with normal speech levels then go for a road test. 
MEM62

Post by MEM62 »

OK, adjusted the VOX and that seems OK - just have to speak a little louder to activate it but it's fine.  The volume could do with being a little louder though - I have mine turned all the way up!   
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

One more little trick you could try to check the volume.
If the speakers in your helmet are just a little out of alignment with your ear you will loose a lot of volume.  Play some music through the system and with your helmet undone twist the helmet left and right and up and down so the speakers move around.  The other test is to put a headset up to your ears uninstalled.  You then know for sure how loud the system is. Incidentally the volume buttons only effect speech. 
MEM62

Post by MEM62 »

RTman10 wrote: One more little trick you could try to check the volume.
If the speakers in your helmet are just a little out of alignment with your ear you will loose a lot of volume.  Play some music through the system and with your helmet undone twist the helmet left and right and up and down so the speakers move around.  The other test is to put a headset up to your ears uninstalled.  You then know for sure how loud the system is. Incidentally the volume buttons only effect speech.
Thanks for the advice.  Unfortunately, there is no adjustment on the positioning of the speakers.  I have a Shoei Qwest and it has a recess for speakers and they can't really be placed anywhere else. 
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

As you know the speaker cases are oval but the speakers themselves at the far end of the oval so you could try turning them round .  I'm sure you would have mounted them inside the helmet lining so if the speakers came with soft cloth covering these can also be removed.  It might all help a bit.