Sargent Seat - R1200RT LC

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
ppalac

Post by ppalac »

Was previous happy with a Sargent Seat on 2004 K1200RS post 1,000 mile ride and decided to update seat on 2015 R1200RT.  Just received this seat and took some pix to share.  Hope to get some riding today.

Front Seat Top

Front Seat Bottom

Rear Seat Top

Rear Seat Bottom

Front Seat Storage Pod

Front Seat Fit

Installed
Budman

Re: Sargent Seat - R1200RT LC

Post by Budman »

Looks pretty nice! let us know how it rides and what it cost you. Great pictures.
bunny2585

Post by bunny2585 »

I have ordered the heated front seat and standard rear and it has cost me £606.00! Hope there worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ride to Arrive, live long and Prosper.
ppalac

Post by ppalac »

bunny2585 wrote: I have ordered the heated front seat and standard rear and it has cost me £606.00! Hope there worth it.

I think believe the Sargent seats offer a good value option relative to other custom seats (e.g., Corbin, Russell).  Seats experience can get be so subjective though.  I sincerely hope it works for you.
fmantek

Post by fmantek »

Any experience to report yet?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
ppalac

Post by ppalac »

fmantek wrote: Any experience to report yet?
So far so good.  At least I don't have any complaints.  My wife does like the pillion seat better than the stock.  So a big plus there.  Trying to stage a 1k mile tour but the heat this time of year has me reconsidering.
bunny2585

Post by bunny2585 »

My seats have arrived. Very very comfy and for me worth the money. If you are changing the rear seat as well you will have to remove the seat barrel lock assembly and Fit it to the new Sargent saddle (it's 3 x T15 torx screws so don't plan on selling your old seats unless someone else has their own lock to fit. Very easy to fit and to the usual excellent standards of construction.

Ride to Arrive, live long and Prosper.
ppalac

Post by ppalac »

bunny2585 wrote: My seats have arrived. Very very comfy and for me worth the money. If you are changing the rear seat as well you will have to remove the seat barrel lock assembly and Fit it to the new Sargent saddle (it's 3 x T15 torx screws so don't plan on selling your old seats unless someone else has their own lock to fit. Very easy to fit and to the usual excellent standards of construction.

One consideration is to order another switch/lock assembly from BMW.  This would offer an easy swap of the rear seat without having to re-install and potentially ruin the plastic screw holes.  The lock cylinders can be key matched as well.

fmantek

Post by fmantek »

ppalac wrote:
One consideration is to order another switch/lock assembly from BMW.  This would offer an easy swap of the rear seat without having to re-install and potentially ruin the plastic screw holes.  The lock cylinders can be key matched as well.
I do not understand that... The rear set does not have a lock assembly in the 2015 model, was that different earlier?

Frank
ppalac

Post by ppalac »

fmantek wrote: I do not understand that... The rear set does not have a lock assembly in the 2015 model, was that different earlier?

Frank

Hi Frank - Per image (2015 R1200RT LC), the rear/pillion seat has the lock cylinder and switch for pillion heated seat.  Hope I'm making sense there.

fmantek

Post by fmantek »

ppalac wrote:
Hi Frank - Per image (2015 R1200RT LC), the rear/pillion seat has the lock cylinder and switch for pillion heated seat.  Hope I'm making sense there.

yes, you do. Was my mistake.

Tx

Frank

gerardbu07059

Post by gerardbu07059 »

Which of the seats did you get? Is there a difference  between both models that Sargent  sells for the rt 14+

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

ppalac

Post by ppalac »

I chose the standard height.  I sat on the low height seat and thought I would miss some of the extra padding.

Aside from some custom accouterments, the only other "standard" options that I recall that were available was seat material.
Rollmaster

Post by Rollmaster »

Before switching to the 15 RTLC, I owned a 14 GSLC, and purchased the Sargent seat for the GS.  It really made a difference for longer trips over 200 miles.  It may take a few hundred miles to begin breaking in, but really liked the Sargent product, and the price was much better in comparison to Corbin, or Russell Day Long and others. 

Does anybody know what the appearance would be if you ONLY buy the front seat and keep the stock rear what they would look like together, and also how they would fit together?
mercator1

Post by mercator1 »

They also sell a "Plus" model now that is almost the same as the Performance seat, except adds grippier (not a word) side panels, and the option to leave off the welting.  I'll probably opt for that seat, since I've always thought the constant rubbing over the welting was a potential cause of seam failure.  However, I've never heard of people complain about it.