Nav V and Interphone F3MC

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
Levisp

Nav V and Interphone F3MC

Post by Levisp »

Sometimes I really hate tech ! I have a pair of Interphone F3MCs which I use to talk to my better half and for navigation instructions. Been using F3MCs for over a year now with no problems. Today I went out and bought a 8 GB microSD card to use with the media player. I transferred a couple of albums in MP3 format onto the card to test the player and guess what, it doesn't bloody work. No sound. The Nav V is connected via Bluetooth and I checked the sound is not muted. I can hear nav instructions and can control the media player from the F3MC buttons, but no sound. So I did a search and found a thread on another forum where guys were having the same problem with the more expensive F5MC. Apparently its a Interphone software problem.
halflife1973

Re: Nav V and Interphone F3MC

Post by halflife1973 »

They have just released a firmware update for the F5mc so would have thought it would be available for the FC3mc as well.  Mine works really well now

Sent from my Be Touch 2 using Tapatalk

Levisp

Post by Levisp »

Thanks for the info but I have junked the bluetooth in favour for an Autocom wired system.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Levisp wrote: Thanks for the info but I have junked the bluetooth in favour for an Autocom wired system.

A very wise move.
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

Levisp wrote: Thanks for the info but I have junked the bluetooth in favour for an Autocom wired system.

You know it makes sense!
Chad

Post by Chad »

The only issues I've had with my interphone 3 is the bluetoothe splitter. It works fine in that it can send music & satnav to both headsets but I can never remember the sequence of how the multi function buttons work without referring to the manual!  Apparently the later models have a built in splitter? So I've heard. I would like to upgrade to a system with a radio but from reading this forum, a lot of people seem to favour the wired autocom...
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

If you have the audio unit fitted a full Autocom system for 2 including the necessary cabling to connect to the audio unit costs £309.00. Try buying a totally reliable Bluetooth set that allows you and your pillion to hear everything for that.
Maz12

Post by Maz12 »

I have the audio unit, nav v and autocom and its near perfect
Chad

Post by Chad »

Will the autocom work ok with the IPhone 6? I have all my music, Tom Tom on it & like to be able to accept calls when I use the bike for work.
That's a very interesting option at that price. Especially if fitted!

My Bluetoothe intercom has always worked fine rider to pillion- never a problem, i just get short fused at times setting them up with other devices. I like a button for each function, not multi function buttons that have to be pressed 3 seconds for this, 4 seconds for that! I'll do some research in readiness for the next trip.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

In my case, because I do not have the audio unit fitted, my GPS, a Nav V is Bluetoothed to the Autocom system. My phone can be loaded to the Nav V but I prefer to connect it directly to the Autocom dongle so it auto answers We both get  GPS prompts, the phone and music from the Nav V. All in high quality stereo and audible at any speed. The Autocom bluetooth dongle adds about £50 to the price.    Your IPhone 6 should do the same as the Nav V.
Chad

Post by Chad »

Cheers for that RTman. I shall gave z look at these.