Audio system/Nav V/Autocom

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
Maz12

Audio system/Nav V/Autocom

Post by Maz12 »

im more than happy with my autocom/nav v/audio unit set up,  everything works fine and dandy.
I usually use a iPod connected in the glovebox for my music (when not listening to the radio)
As I've aged I've become more forgetful and sometimes forget to take my iPod,    I have music loaded on my Nav V so thought I could just swap to that for my music source.
However when I try this I get a message on the sat nav saying I need to connect to a Bluetooth headset.
My autocom is the SPA model with the BTM02 attached
Is there a procedure I need do do to swap from iPod to nav v for music?
Of course sometimes I also forget the sat nav ,  not unknown for me to forget my keys, helmet, gloves but not at the same time!
My bike is parked 5 mins walk and 4 flights of stairs away from home so forgetting things is a real pain..
Hopefully RTman may have some answers
guest2360

Re: Audio system/Nav V/Autocom

Post by guest2360 »

If the Autocom is wired into the audio unit just load a flashcard with mp3 and plug it into the usb port. The bike will do the rest. The Nav will not give you music when you have an.Audio unit
Maz12

Post by Maz12 »

That's a shame,  if I forgot the flashcard/iPod etc it would be nice to have the 3rd option of the sat av.
Will the nav v not talk to the autocom Bluetooth then ?
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Maz12 wrote: That's a shame,  if I forgot the flashcard/iPod etc it would be nice to have the 3rd option of the sat av.
Will the nav v not talk to the autocom Bluetooth then ?
I just left the card on the bike. Only ever took it off to add tracks.  Yes the nav will connect to the dongle but why would you want to.  It will talk directly through the audio unit, assuming its wired to the Autocom.  You can then adjust its volume with the wheel as you can the music. No need for any Bluetooth unless you want to connect a phone.
Maz12

Post by Maz12 »

The audio is wired to the autocom and has a toggle switch to swap between speakers or headset,  as I said I sometimes forget my iPod and just thought it would be handy to listen to music from the nav when I do
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Maz12 wrote: The audio is wired to the autocom and has a toggle switch to swap between speakers or headset,  as I said I sometimes forget my iPod and just thought it would be handy to listen to music from the nav when I do

It a shame but its been like that for all bikes fitted with the Alpine audio unit since 2011.  I believe though that with your  setup you have the best option possible as you have full volume control.  I would just use your Bluetooth dongle to auto-answer your phone.  There's no distraction when it rings and nothing to press.   
Maz12

Post by Maz12 »

So I connect my phone to the BT02 and not the sat nav ?
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Maz12 wrote: So I connect my phone to the BT02 and not the sat nav ?

Yep.  Think.it tells you in the Autocom paperwork how to.