Tour de France 15

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
slowvet
Bike Model and Year: 2011 r1200rt
Has liked: 8 times
United States of America

Tour de France 15

Post by slowvet »

Anybody else watching this? Huge Pileup today(I hate to see that) These guys are animals. Much respect.
Spencert231

Re: Tour de France 15

Post by Spencert231 »

Hi slowvet yes I am an avid watcher of all things bike and watch all Grand Tours and anything else for that matter. I used to belong to Merthyr Cycle Club a great club in Wales when my rugby days finished and did weekly ten mile time trials along with other events 25ml TT and 50ml TT. As you said slowvet these guys are animals tough as old nails. Some of the guys and girls I used to race were no heavier than a bag of chips, but indurance, aggression, determination and guts was incredible.

That crash yesterday was bad the thing is it's inevitable and only luck is involved when it doesn't happen. They are all so competitive and the speed they ride means there is no room for error, it only means one guy having an off day or an unexpected change of direction for whatever reason and it's like Armageddon. I hate seeing crashes like that it's sickening.

I normally watch one or more of the stages here in France but still in post op ban on riding I was hoping to have ridden to one of the stages, but all too far.
slowvet
Bike Model and Year: 2011 r1200rt
Has liked: 8 times
United States of America

Post by slowvet »

Wow! Talk about an exciting race! Yea Froome!!
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

slowvet wrote: Wow! Talk about an exciting race! Yea Froome!!

Yeah I agree, but the support of Geraint Thomas, Richie Port, Nic Roach et al were awesome. I am a huge fan of Froomey but doubt he could have done it without the team. I would even go as far as saying nobody could win the TdeF without supporting team members. I have loved watching this on its been one of the best.