Touratech or Wunderlich

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
Spencert231

Re: Touratech or Wunderlich

Post by Spencert231 »

Not bad at all, thanks never seen them before.
Crater

Post by Crater »

The car driver who drove into me paid up promptly. This will cost nearly £400 though (fortunately) only cosmetic. I still can't quite make up my mind - covers or bars? My main concern is just that the bike will fall over. I'm not looking for something that will protect the bike if it ever slides down the road. This collision was glancing and I stayed upright.
Attachments
image.jpg
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

Crater I suppose a cylinder head protector would have prevented that type of damage. I suppose engine and bike protection is all a matter of preference as Richardbd said he didn't fancy driving around with all that ironmongery. Me personally I like it had it on my last three bikes and gives peace of mind.  :clap:
paynes1
Bike Model and Year: 2022 R1250RT
Great Britain

Post by paynes1 »

[attach=3]I've got Wunderlich engine bars and rubber bumper strips (from the £ shop).
Probably no good for a spill at speed, but definitely work for a standing drop (as I found with my 2012 RT).

Steve P

[attach=4]
Attachments
SAM_0488.JPG
SAM_0489.JPG
SAM_0487.jpg
Last edited by paynes1 on Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crater

Post by Crater »

Thanks. Nice photos.
I'm thinking bars are the way to go.
Might get the dealer to fit them when he does the crash repair.
I'm still a bit spooked by the collision - but for that cylinder and pannier my left leg would have been the thing that hit his wing.
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

Crater give Cliff at Adventure Bikes a call he fitted mine can't remember how much he charged me but it was a case of fitting me in. If you haven't got the bars he maybe able to get them as well. Just thought Nippy Norman maybe the Wunderlicht dealer in UK, but again not sure.

I think it all depends on how much your dealer wants, which I think is Cannons if I'm not mistaken, so that will mean a wheelbarrow load of money not
Crater

Post by Crater »

Thanks. The bike came from SBW. Cannons very friendly and helpful but their trade-in prices are poor.
Just for interest this was the car. Phone pic so not sure of quality. My hands were still shaking too.
Attachments
image.jpg
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

Sorry Crater I was being a bit vague there the Adventure Bike Shop is:

Inca Business Park, Bull Ln, Acton, Sudbury, Suffolk CO10 0BB
tel:0178720372901
Proprietor' name is Cliff
They have a workshop and lots of goodies to look at free coffee too. There is also a great little cafe on the entrance home cooked food.

• [/font][/size]
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

Sorry Crater my posts should not read like I am lobbying Cannon's. In fact up to the point of sales negotiations they were top notch 100% on the button. I actually felt a little sad that I could not purchase of Adam the sales guy but exchange and negotiations was terrible and he had nowhere to go as he is under instruction from his bosses.
Maz12

Post by Maz12 »

The wunderlich bars are a doddle to fit...  Save yourself some money and fit them yourself
Crater

Post by Crater »

Or ZTechnik bars in stainless steel. They don't need to be loosened or come off for servicing apparently. Yours for €500 from Hornig.
Attachments
image.jpg