Alarm battery condition ??

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
kerdoman

Alarm battery condition ??

Post by kerdoman »

When I turn the ignition on it goes through its check routine and shows a DWA battery icon half-charged.

The bike (2005 R1200RT SE) recently new to me, has the factory fitted alarm system and the seller assured me is arms itself automatically when the ignition is switched off.  I'm a bit sceptical on this as there does not appear to be any indication to support this by way of a warning light to show it's active.  Would this be correct?

I'm loath the start messing with the remote in case I inadvertently set the immobiliser and not be able to revert the setting.

Any help, advice or general info will be much appreciated.

Cheers
guest2360

Re: Alarm battery condition ??

Post by guest2360 »

Think I recall on mine you had to arm it with the fod.  You got either a flash of the indicators a beep or both.  There was also the same when you switched it off either with the fod or by using the ignition key. I seem to remember you Could also get a BMW workshop to set it to auto alarm.
As for your warning light, If yiu Google BMW DWA you will find instruction on how to change the battery in the alarm unit.
kerdoman

Post by kerdoman »

Thanks for that RTman10 - have found the battery change routine on YouTube so that clarifies that. 

I'm getting no visual or sound responses when I turn the ignition off so I'm assuming it's not arming. Looks like a play with the fob is the only answer  :o
STeinar

Post by STeinar »

Call up the Settings menu and select Vehicle - Alarm syst.; select Automatic -
On: Antitheft alarm is activated automatically when the ignition is switched off. Activation takes approximately 30 seconds to complete. Turn indicators flash twice. Confirmation tone sounds twice (if programmed). Anti-theft alarm is active.
When you switch on the ignition, the alarm is deactivated.
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

STeinar wrote: Call up the Settings menu and select Vehicle - Alarm syst.; select Automatic -
On: Antitheft alarm is activated automatically when the ignition is switched off. Activation takes approximately 30 seconds to complete. Turn indicators flash twice. Confirmation tone sounds twice (if programmed). Anti-theft alarm is active.
When you switch on the ignition, the alarm is deactivated.

Cool - does it activate the central locking too?
STeinar

Post by STeinar »

richardbd wrote:
Cool - does it activate the central locking too?
Nop - only the alarm.

I personal would like it to auto lock the panniers, but not enable the alarm  ;D
kerdoman

Post by kerdoman »

STeinar, you've lost me - are you talking about "settings" accessed through the remote fob or through the on-board computer?  Forgive my ignorance, I'm still finding my way around the bike.  (The old Pan was much less complicated).

Cheers
STeinar

Post by STeinar »

kerdoman wrote: STeinar, you've lost me - are you talking about "settings" accessed through the remote fob or through the on-board computer?  Forgive my ignorance, I'm still finding my way around the bike.  (The old Pan was much less complicated).

Cheers
Using the setting from the on-board computer.
You Will find it in the riders manual - following the bike

Steinar
Using Tapatalk
kerdoman

Post by kerdoman »

Whilst my handbook shows how to select the different readings (residual range, average speed, etc.) it gives no method of accessing "settings".  My bike is a 2005 model on-board computer so would it have that facility?
STeinar

Post by STeinar »

kerdoman wrote: Whilst my handbook shows how to select the different readings (residual range, average speed, etc.) it gives no method of accessing "settings".  My bike is a 2005 model on-board computer so would it have that facility?
sorry - I was assuming later models. I will look into the 2005 manuals ....

Using Tapatalk HD