Dealer cost on top case?

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
guest2360

Re: Dealer cost on top case?

Post by guest2360 »

Sounds about right to me and a fair deal.
Crater

Post by Crater »

Not much relevance to mercator1 but did you know Craven are back in business? Brought back memories.
Attachments
image.jpg
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

Crater wrote: Not much relevance to mercator1 but did you know Craven are back in business? Brought back memories.

nice - you can't beat top-loading panniers.  So much better than these dumb side-loading ones.

No wonder the boys in blue swap them...
stelyn

Post by stelyn »

+1 with that.... :whistle:
Only a Motorcyclist knows why a dog rides with his head out the car window
BMjoe64

Post by BMjoe64 »

Crater wrote: Not much relevance to mercator1 but did you know Craven are back in business? Brought back memories.
Top box looks just right for putting a Darth Vadar helmet in, :vader:
Glencoe
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT SE
Great Britain

Post by Glencoe »

I sourced a topbox here for a little over £400  www.bmw-motorrad-bohling.co.uk i
Just don't ask me to get up and dance..
Glencoe
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT SE
Great Britain

Post by Glencoe »

www.bmw-motorrad-bohling.co.uk is where I sourced a TB for just over £400 with new lock in November.
Just don't ask me to get up and dance..
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

Just checked out that site and £500 for a 49ltr which will probably be extra for locks and back rest not much different from BMW Basic price.
helyun

Post by helyun »

With the purchase of a new RT  I paid $1300....Can someone tell me, does this have to be dealer mounted??  ...Wire harness etc??  I dunno...
fmantek

Post by fmantek »

helyun wrote: With the purchase of a new RT  I paid $1300....Can someone tell me, does this have to be dealer mounted??  ...Wire harness etc??  I dunno...
I have The 49l electric version and it takes 10 min max to mount/unmount. So, no.
Frank
OrangeOkie

Post by OrangeOkie »

I bought the large box for $1200 with my new ('15) RT.  Dealer told me it was close to his cost.  I like the ability to lock up both helmets inside when we stop and leave the bike unattended.  If I'm out and about by myself I just take it off.  Very simple on and off, and the OEM rack looks good.
Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest. - Ecclesiastes 9:10
helyun

Post by helyun »

I was able to purchase the 49L for $1300...No they wouldnt throw it in on a 2015 RT.... The dealer offered me 20% off any accessory I bought at the same time I purchased the RT... But the deal expired when I took the bike off the dealer floor!
mercator1

Post by mercator1 »

Rollmaster wrote: In the US the list price is $1,600 for the 49L top case.  They were just telling me today that they would give me a near their cost discount of around $1,200.  They are very pricey.  I'm buying a new RT in the process.  Hopefully, that provides some idea of their cost.

Mine has left the port in Miami headed to me from Germany (Moto24), shipped to my door for $735.
mercator1

Post by mercator1 »

Top case arrived today (14 days since order) from Moto24 in Germany.  Total cost $735 US.
Steve F
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2022
Great Britain

Post by Steve F »

Ah, good news then! Arrived all intact presumably? Out of interest, is there any other paperwork with it other than the purchase invoice. I only ask given the previous forum discussions on this subject, ie proof that the top box is OEM kit etc.