Top Box Rack - 2012 Twin Cam RT

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
Budman

Re: Top Box Rack - 2012 Twin Cam RT

Post by Budman »

In the picture you will notice that Ann's jacket is also bungied to the bag on the rack. We are on the way to Keystone SD from Devils Tower. It was 97 degrees and humid.

Hope this helps.   
fmantek

Post by fmantek »

Budman wrote: In the picture you will notice that Ann's jacket is also bungied to the bag on the rack. We are on the way to Keystone SD from Devils Tower. It was 97 degrees and humid.

Hope this helps. 
Tx, very helpful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

Hey Budman, when you said in an earlier post ....to remember the weight on the back you was not kidding. Happy that your recent travels went without and unsavoury events. Don't forget you said you was going to write up the journey :bate:
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 333 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Excellent, "A picture is worth a thousand words", thanks again.
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

That looks like an ideal pillow for Ann, I would be looking for seat arms now to stop her falling off when sleeping. Lol you will be arriving feeling a little tired whilst Ann would be fully charged looking to party  :))

Every time I see the Beemer top box/case I want one but the £800 keeps putting me off. Normally I would just go and buy something for the bike, but I must be getting more frugal in my old age or is that more sensible.
Firenailer

Post by Firenailer »

The cost is well worth it, but honestly you can find plenty of used ones for half that price, and then have your dealer rekey the tumbler for your ignition key. It takes about 5 minutes.

Mark05RT

Post by Mark05RT »

Never been a big fan of how the large top case looks and preferred to strap a large bag to the rack of my previous GS and my current TC. However, I've just fitted a 28l box and find it most useful and does not look at all hideous on the bike. Looks like it will also stay a permanent fixture too! Even did a bit of shopping in town....a rare event for me....at least the bike parks free!
BMW R1200RT SE 2010
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

Mark05RT wrote: Never been a big fan of how the large top case looks and preferred to strap a large bag to the rack of my previous GS and my current TC. However, I've just fitted a 28l box and find it most useful and does not look at all hideous on the bike. Looks like it will also stay a permanent fixture too! Even did a bit of shopping in town....a rare event for me....at least the bike parks free!

+1 for 28l...

;)