Vibes a plenty

Have you got a decent route to share with us? please post it here along the the gpx file for others to download and enjoy. We would love to hear about your best biking roads and routes.
Cas21

Vibes a plenty

Post by Cas21 »

just taken my twin cam RT in for a service and rubber ahead of a jaunt down to the French Alps. The kind folks at Lind Motorrad in Norwich have leant me a new 1200 GS?
Is it me or is the new engine significantly more vibey than the twin cam. My arms actually felt numb by the time I got home. It did feel a lot snappier but if the cost of those few extra HP is excessive vibration, then I won't be in a rush to change
fmantek

Re: Vibes a plenty

Post by fmantek »

That is more a RT vs GS issue. Even on the airhead there was a difference in vibration, and the 2015 GS vibrates a tad more imo than the Rt
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Can't comment on the GS, but would say that IMO, the RT LC vibrates more than my 2012 Twin Cam, which was one of the reasons I chose to buy a used TC over a new LC.

Had my TC Serviced this week & rode it for the first time since today.

The brakes feel better after having the fluid changed & it picks up nicely since the Throttle Bodies have been balanced. A 3 year old bike with 10K miles on it, feels & looks like new.
stelyn

Post by stelyn »

Hi Cas21, welcome to the Forum...enjoy  ;)
Only a Motorcyclist knows why a dog rides with his head out the car window
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

DaygloDavid wrote: Can't comment on the GS, but would say that IMO, the RT LC vibrates more than my 2012 Twin Cam, which was one of the reasons I chose to buy a used TC over a new LC.

Had my TC Serviced this week & rode it for the first time since today.

The brakes feel better after having the fluid changed & it picks up nicely since the Throttle Bodies have been balanced. A 3 year old bike with 10K miles on it, feels & looks like new.

Well David I am well experienced in vibes on bikes, but I can honestly say my 2014 does not have excess vibes, maybe I'm lucky?
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

I came go the LC via a 1600 for 3 years and 3X1200s before that.  Every RT is different but the LC is the less vibe of any of my RTs.  You were given a well thrashed GS by the sound of it.