Talking books

Having problems with the BMW Navigator V VI or the TFT display?
Maz12

Talking books

Post by Maz12 »

ive asked this on another forum but have had no replys,  is it possible to put talking books on the nav V?
The Audible site says it's not compatible (but the nav IV is)
I've tried dragging n dropping them onto the sd card but even though windows shows them on the card the unit doesn't see them
Anyone managed to get any kind of talking book on their Nav V ?
guest3091

Re: Talking books

Post by guest3091 »

If you have the BMW Motorrad Nav V and are mounting it in the onboard dock on your BMW R1200RT, then I think you might be out of luck.  I have tried using the SD card in the NAV V to playback music and audio books and have not been able to make it work.  You probably get a message that says "Listen to music using the motorcycle" or something similar.  I think the dock defeats the ability to access the SD card.  The R1200GS on the other hand allows it.

Best bet would be to load the files on a thumb drive and use the accessory audio.
Maz12

Re: Talking books

Post by Maz12 »

Something strange happened today whilst out on the bike,  I was hearing music through the bmw Bluetooth headset even though I had nothing connected in the audio compartment and had the alpine unit turned off.
I thought the helmet must've paired to my phone and was getting music from that but I checked the phone and the Bluetooth was turned off and it wasn't playing music.
Turned out the music was coming from the Nav V (mounted in the bike mount)... Weird
I've read that if you tape over one of the pins on the back of the Nav V it allows music to be played via Bluetooth while the Nav is in the mount.
What was strange today was the Nav display was saying 'to listen to music use the bikes radio' whilst beaming music to my headset