Installed Dashcam . . . so far, so good.

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
ppalac

Installed Dashcam . . . so far, so good.

Post by ppalac »

Decided to try out a motorcycle dash cam (Innovv K1) on my 2015 RT. 

Here are a couple of videos posted on YouTube.  I've published a few other videos as well on the same channel.  Will follow up with more detail as time allows.

https://youtu.be/akHMe0kC7is

https://youtu.be/diMGJ6tGHB4

ppalac

Re: Installed Dashcam . . . so far, so good.

Post by ppalac »

A few pix -

Ch00

Post by Ch00 »

Looks good. Pictures not bad either :D
guest3074

Post by guest3074 »

Where have you mounted the display?
ppalac

Post by ppalac »

Originally wanted to put the dvr unit under the pillion seat, but the front camera cable length was too short.  That said, the unit now sits underneath the front seat.

ppalac

Post by ppalac »

Decided to put together a product review for this dash camera system:

https://youtu.be/VDCgO9P5vsQ

First ever review.  Rough around the edges.  Hope folks find it useful.
Crater

Post by Crater »

Great review. Thanks. The Innovv website says $260 from China. That looks like good value for us in the UK.
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

Great review its appreciated, but a little late for me as I recently purchased a Ghost HD but if it doesn't suit my plans will consider the Innovv K1, thanks
Crater

Post by Crater »

They are slightly different things aren't they? One a dash cam for recording traffic/accidents/Ronnie Pickerings and one a camera for movies. I know they can overlap a bit. I was in Argentina in April. All the lads doing the TransAmerica were kitted out with helmet cams. With the comms as well crash helmets are beginning to look like Storm Trooper gear.
ppalac

Post by ppalac »

Crater wrote: They are slightly different things aren't they? One a dash cam for recording traffic/accidents/Ronnie Pickerings and one a camera for movies. I know they can overlap a bit. I was in Argentina in April. All the lads doing the TransAmerica were kitted out with helmet cams. With the comms as well crash helmets are beginning to look like Storm Trooper gear.

Yes.  In application, definitely different.  I believe most of the "action cameras" are better focused on video quality (perhaps audio too).

I also have a Sena Prism to capture other video.  Like the GoPro's, there are multiple mounting options.  So, depending on what you're trying to accomplish, there's definitely a difference.
Maz12

Post by Maz12 »

Crater wrote: They are slightly different things aren't they? One a dash cam for recording traffic/accidents/Ronnie Pickerings and one a camera for movies. I know they can overlap a bit. I was in Argentina in April. All the lads doing the TransAmerica were kitted out with helmet cams. With the comms as well crash helmets are beginning to look like Storm Trooper gear.
the Drift Ghost has a mode that lets if operate similar to a dash cam (think is geotagging mode?)