Rear infill panels for RT LC.

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
Sleafordblade
Bike Model and Year: R1250rt 2020
Has liked: 4 times
Great Britain

Rear infill panels for RT LC.

Post by Sleafordblade »

Just ordered these infill panels to tidy up the back end of the bike, they help protect the passengers feet from spray and dirt. Paid £119 from BMW dealers.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpeg
guest2360

Re: Rear infill panels for RT LC.

Post by guest2360 »

I had them on mine until today.  Can't give an opinion on their effectiveness as in 4000 miles of touring this year it never rained.  They do however make it very difficult to clean around the shaft and exhaust so for that reason alone I will leave them off until the spring.  I have left the two front infill on. Once you have fitted them once it's a 5 minute job to put them back on. 
Sleafordblade
Bike Model and Year: R1250rt 2020
Has liked: 4 times
Great Britain

Post by Sleafordblade »

Thanks for the info, I'm pretty anal when it comes to cleaning so may go down the same route as you. I do you use the bike nearly daily in the winter so after a coat of ACF50 they may stay until spring.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

RTman10 wrote: I had them on mine until today.  Can't give an opinion on their effectiveness as in 4000 miles of touring this year it never rained.  They do however make it very difficult to clean around the shaft and exhaust so for that reason alone I will leave them off until the spring.  I have left the two front infill on. Once you have fitted them once it's a 5 minute job to put them back on.

Is that the real reason RTMan - or did you get fed-up with the bike looking like a T-Max?

:alas: :alas: :alas:
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Bugger, I've been rumbled