North East newbie

Want to arrange a local meet or ride out with like minded people? Then please post about it in this section with all the details and dates.
Chad

Re: North East newbie

Post by Chad »

Fletchers farm is my neighbour, it's well worth a visit. It'll be open from April, and they're building a big extension this spring. Rt4me- I'm running a black kettle now (water cooled) so if you see it on the a19 it give me flash.

If I see an RT in Hartlepool & IB I'll give you both a blinding (the lights I theses RT's are awesome). If I get the fingers I'll know it wasn't either of you lol. If your travelling over to Fletchers let me know I'll walk over. Hell no, I'll take the bike!
k9doc
Bike Model and Year: 2013 TC 90th Anniversary Edition
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 11 times
Great Britain

Post by k9doc »

Hi all, just found the forum and introduced myself under 'General Discussion'.
Although from Derbyshire, we have a static van at Newbiggin by the Sea. One of the reasons is to use the van as a biking base to cover Northumberland and the Scottish Borders (got to be some of the best biking in the land) which I and a couple of mates do as often as possible.
Would be nice to meet up with some of you Northern lads and enjoy a bit of local knowledge, although not the best time of year just now I suppose.
Chris
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Would agree with you about Northumberland.  I an up there next September with a Pidcock tour staying in Alnwick for 4 nights. Area atriums Kielda Water is a delight. 
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 333 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

k9doc wrote:Although from Derbyshire, we have a static van at Newbiggin by the Sea.

Would be nice to meet up with some of you Northern lads and enjoy a bit of local knowledge, although not the best time of year just now I suppose.
Newbiggin-by-the-Sea is just over an hour North of Ingleby Barwick on the A19 & A189.

Once you get out of Derbyshire, the signed Speed Limits are greater than 50 MPH.

There may be some interest in meeting up in 2016, Haltwhistle has been mentioned, it's the Centre of GB by the Compass Points method.
k9doc
Bike Model and Year: 2013 TC 90th Anniversary Edition
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 11 times
Great Britain

Post by k9doc »

^
I'd be up for that.
Chris