Good deal? Need ur help!

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
zwanzigoetzel

Good deal? Need ur help!

Post by zwanzigoetzel »

Hi guys!
My local dealer has two 2015 RTs (One grey one ebony) he wants off the showroom floor. He is selling either one for $22726.25 out the door all taxes and fees already included. Both bikes have all the bells and whistles but are missing the alarm, quickshifter and central locking system. What do you guys think? Also, I like both colors, but my gf loves the Ebony, but I heard its high maintenance. Any advise would be greatly appreciated...

regards

Z
guest2360

Re: Good deal? Need ur help!

Post by guest2360 »

I would ask him to clarify  which models they are.  No alarm means no tyres pressure sensors I suspect and with no central locking they might be basic RTs.
zwanzigoetzel

Post by zwanzigoetzel »

Oh....no TPM either then, huh? I would need to clarify...good point. Didnt know they are tied.
Steve F
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2022
Great Britain

Post by Steve F »

zwanzigoetzel,
Take a look here for the specs and configurations available on the downloads tab on the R1200RT model menu.
http://www.bmw-motorrad.co.uk/uk/en/index.html?content=http://www.bmw-motorrad.co.uk/uk/en/UK_offers/Offer_overview.html&notrack=1
Last edited by Steve F on Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zwanzigoetzel

Post by zwanzigoetzel »

ok...so what appears to be missing is the comfort package on both bikes...mmmh....
mercator1

Post by mercator1 »

My bike has keyless entry, but no alarm, but does have TPM.  I don't remember which 3 packages it came with.  List was $21,900.
T6pilot
Been liked: 1 time

Post by T6pilot »

I got my fully loaded 15 for $24,000 out the door
Keyless, TPM, alarm and shift assist
My understanding all BMW's have TPM, I wasn't too keen on shift assist and hill hold till I got a few miles on the bike, shift assist gets a
Jim
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

mercator1 wrote: My bike has keyless entry, but no alarm, but does have TPM. I don't remember which 3 packages it came with. List was $21,900.
The TPM software is in the alarm. Don't think it's possible to have one without the other.
Last edited by guest2360 on Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
guest2826

Post by guest2826 »

:zombie:
zwanzigoetzel wrote: ...Also, I like both colors, but my gf loves the Ebony, but I heard its high maintenance. Any advise would be greatly appreciated...
Apart from the other points discussed, I have the ebony colour but in my experience it is no higher maintenance than the grey. All bikes need careful cleaning/polishing if you want them to keep looking good but I'm not sure that the ebony needs this more than the grey, or indeed the blue.

I think ebony is the best looking colour but that's just a personal opinion. It's not actually black despite the name. As you've probably noticed it's actually a sort of very deep dark reddish colour that varies with the light and the angle you view it.
Last edited by guest2826 on Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OrangeOkie

Post by OrangeOkie »

Tell him to throw in a rear top case and he has a deal.  The Ebony is really pretty, but scuffs easily (or so they say)
Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest. - Ecclesiastes 9:10