Retro Fit

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
guest2360

Re: Retro Fit

Post by guest2360 »

Interesting.  How do you power it when the locker is shut and what intercom have you attached to it and how..
Ch00

Post by Ch00 »

Today was the 1st mobile test of the system

It runs from a normal 12v car charger which I have have under the seat. The aerial sits on the sat nav mount as its magnetic I have bent it to fit the contour of the screen and for now the wires pop out of the glove box but it still closes.

The down side is that I cant change the channel when moving so I am debating mounting it somewhere on the dash but as its for a car it cant get wet so I will think about it.

The unit makes its own FM signal to transmit the DAB sound on. I have a Scala G9x and have programmed in the radio station. the unit also has a aux out if you wanted to hard-wire to something or direct to earplugs I would think but that option has no volume settings.

I am please with it great for sitting on the motorways with clear overheads and more likely to get the best signal. I am looking into the option of a powered aerial to further boost the signal for the lanes.

Aerial

Box with wires

guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Understood, but don't think it would fit in the LC.
Ch00

Post by Ch00 »

I have just solved the weatherproof issue. I could just put it in the sat nav bag in the picture!!
OrangeOkie

Post by OrangeOkie »

chrisvh wrote: I considered the same when the dealer forgot to order the audio system on my last K1600. I decided against it on price grounds, but have it on the new RT. The radio is great. I am a Radio 4 fan and speech is clear and intelligible at over the ton with plugs in. I use moulded plugs with a 22db insert which works well for me. Love skipping through the local stations when touring. Even the US forces radio in Germany is tolerable!

Alpine units do come up on Ebay and I assume with a good installer you could do a retrofit at non-BMW prices.

How do you tune and set the radio stations?  I can't figure it out.
Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest. - Ecclesiastes 9:10
k9doc
Bike Model and Year: 2013 TC 90th Anniversary Edition
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times
Great Britain

Post by k9doc »

DaygloDavid wrote: I believe some Scala Rider Headsets include FM Radio, might be worth a look.

I have a Scala Sho 1 on my Shoei Neotec and the FM radio is pretty good. Can have presets when riding around the same area or automatically tune for 6 presets in the current area. Reception varies. Can always get something useful.
I have a G4 on my Schuberth J1 and that is not so good.

I also have an App on my Iphone which records radio for hours at a time and has a scheduler facility. Can bluetooth this to either Scala which makes for a useful alternative.
Chris