Bridgestone T30 GT

Best tyres and oil for your R1200RT/R1250RT get other users opinions here.
Ch00

Bridgestone T30 GT

Post by Ch00 »

As most people seem to have either Pilots or Z8 and the like. I have fitted Bridgestone T30s (GT) to my RT they are excellent did a quick weekend away and they were perfect. They felt better than a old ish set of Pilot 3s  I had on it.

I know they are not "BMW Approved", like that matters but the are designed for the bike.
Levisp

Re: Bridgestone T30 GT

Post by Levisp »

New tyres always feel so much better than old ones. However the real test is how they ultimately perform both in wet and dry conditions and longevity. Good to see someone trying some other than the norm. I've got Pirelli Angel GTs on mine, and so far so good. Lets us know how they wear and feel ( do they square off too quickly ) when you have a few thousand miles on them. Cheers.
fmantek

Post by fmantek »

I had the T30s on my GS one time and I liked them a lot as a pure road tyre. Let us know how they perform for you on the RT.

Frank

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Is this offer any good to anyone considering purchasing Bridgestone T30 EVO's, http://motul.co.uk/bridgestonefifty/

Bridgestone Fitting Guide, http://www.bridgestone.co.uk/moto/searc ... RT+2005%2b
Last edited by David. on Sun May 01, 2016 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tango

Post by Tango »

DaygloDavid wrote: Is this offer any good to anyone considering purchasing Bridgestone T30 EVO's, http://motul.co.uk/bridgestonefifty/

Bridgestone Fitting Guide, http://www.bridgestone.co.uk/moto/search-results-bike/?bike=BMW&model=R+1200+RT+2005%2b

Just taken up that offer, hopefully have them fitted next week, just awaiting confirmation as to whether they should be the GT version for the RT,

and a fitting date with my chosen Tyre fitter.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Just make sure your chosen fitter knows all about your pressure sensors if you have them. 
Ch00

Post by Ch00 »

Only the GT version should be fitted due to the weight of the RT.
Tango

Post by Tango »

RTman10 wrote: Just make sure your chosen fitter knows all about your pressure sensors if you have them.

The chosen fitter, (websites phrase not mine) lol, comes highly recommended from several sources within the vast circles of BMW Motorrad  and other marques, but thanks for the heads up will mention it to him before battle comenses, commencess, starts.

cheers
JonA

Post by JonA »

Tango wrote:
Just taken up that offer, hopefully have them fitted next week, just awaiting confirmation as to whether they should be the GT version for the RT,

and a fitting date with my chosen Tyre fitter.
I called Bridgestone tech support before fitting mine and they confirmed GT spec front and rear for the 1200RT

This is my first set of T30s and I have about 2000 miles on them now and so far I'm very happy with them. Off to southern Spain next week so that will give me more opportunity to check them out.
Andy Leett

Post by Andy Leett »

I put a set of T30 EVO GT's on today, a little 70 miles to scrub them in a bit and so far so good, they turn in a lot better than the Metzler 8's i had before.
JonA

Post by JonA »

JonA wrote: I called Bridgestone tech support before fitting mine and they confirmed GT spec front and rear for the 1200RT

This is my first set of T30s and I have about 2000 miles on them now and so far I'm very happy with them. Off to southern Spain next week so that will give me more opportunity to check them out.
For what it's worth after a mostly dry weather trip, I found these tyres to be pretty awesome in the dry on good road surfaces and less than good surfaces. In the wet I found them to be a bit twitchy and the back end was moving around at quite moderate lean angles when I hit road paint or metal covers etc. even when being smooth on the power. This is compared to BT023s and Road Angels.

Anyone else been out in the wet on their T30s ?
Last edited by JonA on Fri May 13, 2016 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tango

Post by Tango »

Had my T30 EVO GT'S fitted on Wednesday, only had 60 miles of M'way plus a bit of A road, and it was heaving down all the way, so nothing to report but will find out next week on my tour de France. Have heard only glowing reports from users that I Know, and they are a picky lot .  ;D
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

Let us know how they go.  I've always been a dedicated Pilot Road buyer but am much less convinced by the PR4 GTs that I have to put on the RT.

Maybe they just weren't designed to cope with the pace of Callisto Grey...

;) ;)
Steve F
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2022
Great Britain

Post by Steve F »

Likewise I'm a PR3 & latterly a PR4 devotee. Presumably, a softer compound on the PR4 and consequently quicker wear, but supreme dry and wet grip.
Andy Leett

Post by Andy Leett »

JonA wrote: For what it's worth after a mostly dry weather trip, I found these tyres to be pretty awesome in the dry on good road surfaces and less than good surfaces. In the wet I found them to be a bit twitchy and the back end was moving around at quite moderate lean angles when I hit road paint or metal covers etc. even when being smooth on the power. This is compared to BT023s and Road Angels.

Anyone else been out in the wet on their T30s ?

Surely anything would be twitchy on paint and metal covers