8 Bluetooth Headsets Tested

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
guest2360

Re: 8 Bluetooth Headsets Tested

Post by guest2360 »

The problem is if you pair you phone directly to your Nav , it will receive incoming calls but you will not be able  to answer them as you need to be bluetoothed back to the Nav.  You wont be without a dongle on the Autocom. which also needs to be paired to the Nav.  Got a headache now.
Last edited by guest2360 on Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark05RT

Post by Mark05RT »

Jeez! So many problems purchased at such a high price!

My 2010twin cam came with a Nav 4. I have an iPhone 5. Just wanted connection with the sat nav, Bluetooth to my tunes on the phone and calls. Purchased a BT interphone with Fm radio....32quid from a brummie eBay store!

Worked perfectly.....connected to nav 4, phone and delivered radio too! Couldn't ask for more really and didn't spend a fortune!

Just got to fix the headset more secure in my system5 helmet and I'll be very happy!

My only issue was with the nav 4 ...... I updated the mapping and purchased lifetime updates from garmin.....and yet there is still outdated mapping....in particular around Reims, France, where the Motorway was updated and re-routed over 5 years ago bit still tells me I'm in the middle of nowhere!
BMW R1200RT SE 2010
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Very odd.  Went through there in May, no green.  That with an up to date Nav V but they all use the same maps and updates, Suggest you check your map version to see that it is taking in what your downloading.  . 
Mark05RT

Post by Mark05RT »

Updated the Nav 4 on July 3rd....version 2016.10 I think it was....and rechecked again and still using the same update version!

The inaccuracy is not a big deal if you know you're staying A26....but it's the routing suggestions if you come off that road by plan or diversion. I've mailed Garmin to see if there's an issue more generally. But as I've always tried to tell my kids....never rely on technology completely!
BMW R1200RT SE 2010
mercator1

Post by mercator1 »

I pair everything to my Sena SMH10 helmet unit. GPS to helmet, phone to helmet, and bike to helmet. I have a Zumo 660 instead of Nav V, so this works well for me.  The only bug at all is that the SiriusXM has some noise to it when paired, but not when coming through speakers.  The USB stick plugged in to the bike comes in fine through the paired connection, though.  Very odd.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

will your bike pair to both headsets or just to one which is the normal problem.
mercator1

Post by mercator1 »

RTman10 wrote: will your bike pair to both headsets or just to one which is the normal problem.
I ride solo, so it's not an issue for me.