Keis Heated Clothing

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Re: Keis Heated Clothing

Post by David. »

Having recently purchased an X10 Bodywarmer, positioned the Controller on the Bike today & fired the Vest up.

The Bodywarmer is a snug fit over a T Shirt, with a layer on top to keep the heat in before putting my Jacket on.

All seems to be OK, might just need it on our trip to Norway.
Last edited by David. on Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Levisp

Post by Levisp »

Gosh must be looking forward to winter.
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

I am in 43c at the moment and totally confused with people thinking of winter, relax chill live with the moment, winter will come soon enough.
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Having purchased a Splitter Lead & with the second Controller, I now have the control & flexibility to use the Bodywarmer & Insoles independently of each other.

Works a treat with the Supply Loom bolted to the battery, the Splitter Lead & both Controllers are mounted conveniently on the Tank Bag Rail.
Last edited by David. on Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
k9doc
Bike Model and Year: 2013 TC 90th Anniversary Edition
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times
Great Britain

Post by k9doc »

Levisp wrote: DaygloDavid if you go for the sleeved jacket or body warmer might I suggest you find a stockist and try them on. I found the sleeved jacket too bulky under my normal winter jacket. The body warmer is far less bulky. I have also found that keeping your body core warm is sufficient. Both are excellent pieces of kit but for me the cheaper body warmer has been more than adequate. Further endorsement comes from my better half, who loves the warmth.
+1 ^

Body warmer with remote controller mounted in the map pocket of the tankbag so can switch on/off and vary the output I II or III. Excellent kit. You can make up for lack of sleeves with the arm warming thingies that cyclists use. I can vouch that they do the job.

Also I think the full jacket draws 7 amps whereas the body warmer draws 3. Might be an issue if 2 up but only if using the onboard aux sockets. I am wired direct (through a fuse) to the battery, so not an issue.
Chris
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

anybody got/tried the Keis bluetooth controller?
k9doc
Bike Model and Year: 2013 TC 90th Anniversary Edition
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times
Great Britain

Post by k9doc »

See Post #19

Works very well mounted in map area of tankbag so it can be used and seen and protected from the weather.
Chris
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

k9doc wrote:You can make up for lack of sleeves with the arm warming thingies that cyclists use.
Not wanting to feel too "trussed up" when wearing my Body Warmer, I removed the lining from my jacket, arm warmers are a great idea, thanks,
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

I was previously concerned about the bulk of a heated jacket with sleeves under my riding jacket. The new Keis J501 which has replaced the old X25/J103 claims to be made of a more lightweight material. Based on this and having tried a similar product under my riding jacket, I've gone ahead and ordered a new Keis J501.

If it's of any interest to anyone, I've ordered it from MSG Bike Gear, https://www.msgbikegear.co.uk/products/ ... sg10012019 they have a 10% sale on everything this weekend, but also do a "Price Match". MSG agreed to match the Sportsbikeshop & Infinity Motorcycles price of £174.99 inc. free P&P.

Although limited sizes, Keis have some products in their "Clearance" section, they might be of interest to someone, https://www.keisapparel.co.uk/product-c ... clearance/
Last edited by David. on Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.