Will this Bluetooth setup work?

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
iRider

Will this Bluetooth setup work?

Post by iRider »

Having owned a 2010 RT with the Audio package I learned that I NEVER listened to music on the move. So my new 2015 RT LE which arrives on Wednesday is without the £1400 Audio system.

I have a system 6 Helmet and System 6 Bluetooth Kit installed in it.
I have the Nav V unit and the RTLE is GPS prepped.
My phone is the iPhone 6.

When I am solo riding I believe I can BT link my iPhone to the Nav V and  BT link the Nav V to my S6 Helmet.

Now the bit that I am unsure about.

My wife has a Shoie helmet and we want to be able to speak to each other via Bluetooth. obviously the BMW S6 BT will not fit her helmet so if I fitted het helmet with some generic Bluetooth kit would it link to my S6 BT?

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Will this Bluetooth setup work?

Post by richardbd »

I'm not sure - but RTMan will be along soon with the answer...

guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Well I am but I have not come across anybody trying to pair two different makes of headsets together.  I suspect the chances are very slim. I have the  same setup and to ensure that me and her get everything, ie the occasional conversation, music and prompts from the V we use Autocom with a BTMO2 dongle.  Works perfectly at any speed..     
iRider

Post by iRider »

Ok thanks guys, I figured as much. Looks like another new helmet for SWMBO complete with S6 BT kit.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Don't want to spoil your plan but I'm sure you are aware there are issues with the BMW kit.  As you say you don't bother with music it probable won't bother you that you can only connect the V to one headset. Volume control using the wheel only works with one helmet and there is no automatic mute. Add to that the price I would opt for half the expensive let her keep her helmet and fit a fully bike powered wired system.

iRider

Post by iRider »

RTman10 wrote: Don't want to spoil your plan but I'm sure you are aware there are issues with the BMW kit.  As you say you don't bother with music it probable won't bother you that you can only connect the V to one headset. Volume control using the wheel only works with one helmet and there is no automatic mute. Add to that the price I would opt for half the expensive let her keep her helmet and fit a fully bike powered wired system.

There are pros and cons with every setup  :wonder: [size=78%] I already own a system 6 lid and BT and as 95% of my riding will be solo the setup I have is perfect for me. SWMBO [/size]doesn't[size=78%] want or need to hear the satnav, in fact she would [/size]probably[size=78%] prefer to be in isolation listening to her own music source so some generic BT on her lid would suit her fine, leaving only the [/size]intercom[size=78%] issue. [/size]Such[size=78%] is life, we can always revert to hand signals :-)[/size]
[size=78%]
[/size]