Flooding

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Catfunt

Flooding

Post by Catfunt »

Thoughts go out to the poor buggers in Cumbria and Scotland affected by flooding. Seems like they get it every year!
---- 2013 R1200RT SE ----
Levisp

Re: Flooding

Post by Levisp »

Seems unfair that I'm riding my bike down here in the South and those in the North are having such a bad time of it again. Hope they have a rest from it shortly.
stelyn

Post by stelyn »

+1 on that... :(
Only a Motorcyclist knows why a dog rides with his head out the car window
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

stelyn wrote: +1 on that... :(

+1 it seems unfair that they seem to go through this what seems like year on year. What are these so called planners doing about this. It would not take a rocket scientist or indeed the brains of an archbishop to work out: rainfall, slopes, rivers, lakes, roads and flooding. These people get paid a lot of money for what appears to be little work. Oh I nearly forgot they are more interested in stopping construction because of bats and crest headed newts, I can feel my blood starting to boil :-[
Catfunt

Post by Catfunt »

I was just watching some news footage of the flooding and I'm glad I'm not there. I remember in the 'great storm' of '87, there were loads of Council people out clearing roads etc but my local Council no longer employs anyone practical. I rang up about some fallen trees a while back and was told they had no-one able or willing to use a chainsaw either at height, at night or on branches more than 20mm thick. They don't stock sandbags anymore either.
---- 2013 R1200RT SE ----
JayCee

Post by JayCee »

Thought everybody knew council tax is paid to keep offices warm and not to actually do any good in the community.