General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Our Gee
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 2011
Been liked: 24 times
Great Britain

Front Suspension Twincam with ESA.

Post by Our Gee »

Morning all,

please may I ask if someone can do me a favour and check the amount of Front Suspension movement under the following conditions. Sitting astride the bike with bike weight on both wheels, firmy hold on Front Brake and attempt to compress and relax the Front Suspension. The reason I ask is that after recently doing a strip and clean of the Front Brake Calipers and removing and replacing the Front Shock and  I find that there is very little movement. My fuel tank is nearly empty so there is very little weight there.
Thanks.
Levisp

Re: Front Suspension Twincam with ESA.

Post by Levisp »

I think you well find that is quite normal. The BMW weird suspension combined with or without ESA means that front end compression is minimal. Mine feels rock solid ESA model. Feels very odd when compared to traditional front end which compresses easily.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

That's right, next to no movement stood still.  Ride down the road and look through the gap in front of the tank at the forks. 
Our Gee
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 2011
Been liked: 24 times
Great Britain

Post by Our Gee »

Many thanks for that chaps, I was begining to worry in case I'd done something wrong on re-assembling the Shock.