Ride Report (In the Car)

Been on a trip and want to tell the world about it? Use this section to report on ride outs, tours and decent routes you have been on remember we love pictures.
Our Gee
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 2011
Been liked: 24 times
Great Britain

Ride Report (In the Car)

Post by Our Gee »

Had a very pleasent run out for Fish and Chips yesterday. Middle of December and 14 degrees C showing on the dash. Only downside is what with the bike all wrapped up and tucked away for Winter (if it ever comes) we where in the car. Anyway we did count about half a dozen riders enjoying the spring like day, mainly on Sports Bikes. It wasn't until after lunch and returning home via the infamous B1257 Bilsdale farm track we realised we had done the right thing. That road was like the Somme. Swathes of mud, broken and rutted surface. The car looked like it had been "off road" by the time we got home.
k9doc
Bike Model and Year: 2013 TC 90th Anniversary Edition
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times
Great Britain

Re: Ride Report (In the Car)

Post by k9doc »

Being an all year rider has it's down side which in my case is all the extra cleaning. Apart from mucky roads, the low sun (if present) for me can be an issue. With this in mind, I consider direction of travel ie outbound west, inbound east, time of travel (best 2-3 hours around midday and type of roads to ride. A ride considered boring in the summer does, for me, provide a stimulating distraction from mid winter 'cabin fever'.

Different sets of parameters call for a different approach but barring the extra cleaning, winter riding is for me a big plus and I think helps to keep skills and roadcraft sharp.
Last edited by k9doc on Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris
Levisp

Post by Levisp »

k9doc wrote: Being an all year rider has it's down side which in my case is all the extra cleaning. Apart from mucky roads, the low sun (if present) for me can be an issue. With this in mind, I consider direction of travel ie outbound west, inbound east, time of travel (best 2-3 hours around midday and type of roads to ride. A ride considered boring in the summer does, for me, provide a stimulating distraction from mid winter 'cabin fever'.

Different sets of parameters call for a different approach but barring the extra cleaning, winter riding is for me a big plus and I think helps to keep skills and roadcraft sharp.

Spot on. Just what I try to do. Cannot lock the bike away it would blow my mind. However when the roads turn nasty I mainly stick to the A roads and the better B roads. In fact after a good downpour when the roads have dried which normally means its blowing a gale, the roads can be quite clean. Winter can be fun.
stelyn

Post by stelyn »

Totally agree Levisp,  short of it raining `stair rods',  am out every day, even if just for the odd hour - Bike cost to much money to `leave it in the Garage' all day,  alone...... ;)
Only a Motorcyclist knows why a dog rides with his head out the car window