AUTOCOM GPS TRACKER

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
guest2360

AUTOCOM GPS TRACKER

Post by guest2360 »

Just seen one of these.  They look easy to install and having no contract look very good value at £129.  Anybody fitted one yet. Not sure about battery drain from it.
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Re: AUTOCOM GPS TRACKER

Post by richardbd »

Had a tracker fitted to my Multistrada. Haven't bothered with the RT.  Something tells me it's less likely to get nicked.  Am I wrong?
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Don't  think you are, however one of my 1100 RTs came up on BMWs computer as stolen sometime after I had sold it. Am I not right in believing that with trackers you normally have to take out a contract.  Not so with this one so should make it more affordable.
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

RTman10 wrote: Don't  think you are, however one of my 1100 RTs came up on BMWs computer as stolen sometime after I had sold it. Am I not right in believing that with trackers you normally have to take out a contract.  Not so with this one so should make it more affordable.

I had a contract on my last one.  It worked well but I reckon the Autocom one does all the same things, apart from having somebody call you up.

Wonder where you could hide it effectively on the RT?
guest3074

Post by guest3074 »

If you're comparing with http://www.tracker.co.uk/ then there is a difference in the way it works, even if tracker does not have a GPS signal due to been underground, in a container etc it can still be found by the VHF signal it transmits with Police vehicles installed with Tracker receivers which shows direction from police vehicle and signal strength.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

richardbd wrote: I had a contract on my last one. It worked well but I reckon the Autocom one does all the same things, apart from having somebody call you up.
Wonder where you could hide it effectively on the RT?
I'll let you know next week.  My dealer put one on a new RT today
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Easily hidden I've been told.  More details can be made available in a pm.