RT Lc comfort screen - anyone got one?

Having Problems with your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT? or have some Maintenance and Service questions?
7vwh
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 2014
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 33 times
Great Britain

RT Lc comfort screen - anyone got one?

Post by 7vwh »

I'm presently in dispute with a dealer in Germany! To assist me with my complaints I would like anyone who has a comfort screen fitted to their RT LC to take two measurements off the screen for me please! Namely 1) vertically from the lower tip/point to the centre of the upper edge and 2) from the centre of either lower mounting bolt to the centre of the top edge.

Cheers,
Craig

(The dealer refuses to pay my return shipping stating they sent the correct screen and it's my fault that I already had a comfort screen fitted and didn't know about it!)
Pope

Re: RT Lc comfort screen - anyone got one?

Post by Pope »

The comfort screen is easily identifiable from the standard jobby

Comfort

Standard

Personally though, i'd cancel your order and buy the Powerbronze touring screen and save yourself £105
Garage: 2016 BMW R1200RTLE Iconic #26, 2016 Ducati Diavel Titanium, 2015 Ninja H2 missile, 2013 BMW 640d Ragtop, 2014 VeeDub T5 180 Sportline
Bikerman1042

Post by Bikerman1042 »

Pope wrote: The comfort screen is easily identifiable from the standard jobby

Comfort
ImageRe: RT Lc comfort screen - anyone got one?

Standard
ImageRe: RT Lc comfort screen - anyone got one?

Personally though, i'd cancel your order and buy the Powerbronze touring screen and save yourself £105
Thanks for that, what a gem.  I'll think of that when I come to replace my screen, but is this screen a clear as the original, which is exceptionally clear
Bikerman 1042
jimmer137

Post by jimmer137 »

So what was the answer, did you have a comfort screen as standard? I'm asking cus I was thinking of ordering one and if you have two now I may be interested.

If you have been sent the wrong one then I will avoid the said dealer in Germany!
Bikerman1042

Post by Bikerman1042 »

7vwh wrote: I'm presently in dispute with a dealer in Germany! To assist me with my complaints I would like anyone who has a comfort screen fitted to their RT LC to take two measurements off the screen for me please! Namely 1) vertically from the lower tip/point to the centre of the upper edge and 2) from the centre of either lower mounting bolt to the centre of the top edge.

Cheers,
Craig

The only option is to advertise it or he one on the bike on ebay, or on this forum.  We all make mistakes, anf the number of times I've purchased the incorrect item, wrong size, colour etc is unbelieveable.  Its one of lifes trials I'm afraid.  As an aside, the original screen is cut away at the sides, whereas the comfort screen is not so

Cheers

Bikerman1042

(The dealer refuses to pay my return shipping stating they sent the correct screen and it's my fault that I already had a comfort screen fitted and didn't know about it!)
7vwh
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 2014
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 33 times
Great Britain

Post by 7vwh »

Sorry, I sent it back at my expense! Investigations show they sent me a standard screen that was incorrectly labelled. Because the part number on the label related to a comfort screen they denied any error on their part.
Last edited by 7vwh on Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.