Newbie from Scotland

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
badger

Newbie from Scotland

Post by badger »

Just registered so thought it only polite to say hello fae Sconnie Botland, virtual bar is open, so name yer tipple.

I bought a 90th anniversary 2013 bike SE I think with all the goodies apart from music, I have been riding it a year and really like it, surprising bike actually.

I have fitted an Akra can, it already had Wilbers shocks fitted, BMW comfort seat and a few wee cosmetic things.

Fitted PR4 tyres and it rocks on them, really flickable and sooooooooooo much grip, spesh in the wet, highly recommended tyres.

Anyway, starting to ramble now, time to sort out a nice house measure of Bruichladdich for medicinal purposes!!  ImageNewbie from ScotlandImage
Last edited by badger on Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When i read about the perils of drinking i gave up reading.
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Newbie from Scotland

Post by richardbd »

welcome Badger...

Good choice of tyres and can but the killer question is - what colour is it?

;)
Steve F
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2022
Great Britain

Post by Steve F »

Hello badger and welcome to the forum!

PS. Are you a true patriot with your bike matching the background colour of the Saltire......?? :) ;)
badger

Post by badger »

Cheers guys, just worked out how to post pictures on here, no Saltire paintjob, just a stealthy black/silver till you hear the unbaffled Akra that is ;)

I also fitted some SBS street excel pads and it has transformed the brakes, use SBS racve sintered pads in my track bike and other bikes, fantastic brake pads at sensible prices, no i don't work for SBS :))

guest2368

Post by guest2368 »

Hi Badger and welcome to the forum.  As a fellow Scot, I am ashamed to say I can't stomach a malt... but if you are on the tap I'll have a beer!
Our Gee
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 2011
Been liked: 24 times
Great Britain

Post by Our Gee »

Welcome aboard Badger,

cracking looking RT you have there and I see you are a man of taste as I have spotted the rear end of the RST1000 Futura sneaking into the picture. Looks just like my own (sadly gone now) Black and Silver one, bought new in 2005, one of the last imported into the UK.
badger

Post by badger »

OG, yes that is my trusty old Futura still going strong, i have a soft spot for the Futura, but too many bikes means some have to go to make room.

ImageRe: Newbie from Scotland

Aye, sofnolime a beer is fine by me also.........slange :beer:
Our Gee
Great Britain

Post by Our Gee »

Blimey Badger, that's uncanny. Not too many of the last version of the Futura around and yours is exactly the same as mine, even down to the multi panelled seat. Cracking bike and must be worth hanging on to.
jon23505

Post by jon23505 »

Hi, and welcome islay malt for me nice and smokey, hope to get up there some time this year, from sunny Manchester.
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

badger wrote: Cheers guys, just worked out how to post pictures on here, no Saltire paintjob, just a stealthy black/silver till you hear the unbaffled Akra that is ;)

I also fitted some SBS street excel pads and it has transformed the brakes, use SBS racve sintered pads in my track bike and other bikes, fantastic brake pads at sensible prices, no i don't work for SBS :) )

keep a close eye on disc wear if you are using after market pads. Non Brembo/BMW ones can quickly wear them and replacement is very expensive.
Zebedee

Post by Zebedee »

Got to say that's the best looking Futura I've seen, a credit to you sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
badger

Post by badger »

Our Gee wrote: Blimey Badger, that's uncanny. Not too many of the last version of the Futura around and yours is exactly the same as mine, even down to the multi panelled seat. Cracking bike and must be worth hanging on to.
Not many around in those colours OG, tiz a lovely bike, might just keep it :whistle:

Just put a double measure of Caol Ila in the virtual bar for you Jon :beer:

Cheers for the tip RTman, i have used SBS pads for years and had no disc issues due to pads, i will keep a check on them for sure though :)

Cheers for the comment Zeb, tiz a lovely bike with that lovely V twin character, i do like my twins :)

This is one of my other twins at Aragon

Last edited by badger on Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stelyn

Post by stelyn »

Hi Badger , welcome to the club, excellent pictures ( now a bit envious ) ride safe....  ;)
Only a Motorcyclist knows why a dog rides with his head out the car window
badger

Post by badger »

stelyn wrote: Hi Badger , welcome to the club, excellent pictures ( now a bit envious ) ride safe....  ;)

Cheers fella thanks for the welcome :)
Our Gee
Great Britain

Post by Our Gee »

Finally found a picture of our RST1000 Futura, just like Badger's. !!.
Last edited by Our Gee on Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.