Planning on Coming to France Beyond January 16 2016

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Spencert231

Planning on Coming to France Beyond January 16 2016

Post by Spencert231 »

Check out the following website for new rules for bikers: http://www.drive-france.com/
guest2360

Re: Planning on Coming to France Beyond January 16 2016

Post by guest2360 »

Don't think the list is correct and doesn't mention the extras needed by motorcyclist's. Firstly forget the warning triangle and probably the spare bulb kit. I think carrying spare bulbs is only advised. And no mention of helmet stickers which are now mandatory. So don't buy the kit.
And of course you don't need a GB sticker if you have a europlate
Last edited by guest2360 on Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Baker
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 6 times
Great Britain

Post by Peter Baker »

yes that site is out of date, see here http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/ov ... pment.html in summary is says

France - breathalysers for all and reflective jackets for motorcyclists

Several changes have been made to motoring laws in France in support of the International Decade on Road Safety though two new laws have subsequently been either abolished or postponed indefinitely

January 2013 - Drivers in France have been required to carry a self-test breathalyser since July 2012 with enforcement by fines originally planned for 1 November but subsequently postponed to 1 March 2013.  Now the French government has announced that the implementation of the sanction (fine) for drivers not carrying a breathalyser – a fine of €11 – has been postponed indefinitely.

So you are still required to carry a self-test breathalyser when driving in France but there is no current legislation demanding a fine for non-compliance.

Motorcycle riders were to be required to wear reflective clothing in France from 1 January 2013 but the French law making reflective equipment compulsory for motorcycle riders and passengers has been abolished.

Peter
Spencert231

Post by Spencert231 »

Sorry about that I received it from a Motorcycle Group here in France and thought it new information, just had not read it myself. However, I was of the opinion that all the crap about how breathalysers had been put to bed. I will check this end again.