engine guards

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
guest2360

Re: engine guards

Post by guest2360 »

To me the ZTech bars sit very close to the injection equipment.  Any movement inwards in a heavy drop will destroy it.
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 333 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Crashbars ZTechnik for BMW R 1200 RT, LC (2014-) https://www.motorcycleparts-hornig.com/ ... chnik.html

"Guards attach to the engine mounts not the engine covers to protect the engine heads and not destroy them."
turdboman

Post by turdboman »

DEAR RTman10 you seem to be the very well informed member that every forum seems to have ,I don't mean that in a negative fashion !! I think I'm going to go with the Wunderlich in chrome ,are any issues with that ?

Thank You Most Kindly
                                                                                                    Turdboman aka The Great Mike
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

Its your bike my friend.  I'm sure they will do you fine.  I spent many years in a dealership so have fixed views on a lot of aftermarket stuff.
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 333 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Looks like the Wunderlich (RT) & BMW (GS) Engine Protection Bars use the same 3 mounting points.
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

RTman10 wrote: DaygloDavid posted to very clear pictures here. The first one showes the proper engine protection .

and the second one shows what happens if you get your engine protection fitted by a scaffolder...

:enjoying: :enjoying: :enjoying: