Steibel Horn Installation Anyone

Having Problems with your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT? or have some Maintenance and Service questions?
Toes

Steibel Horn Installation Anyone

Post by Toes »

I had installed on my KGT1600 the Steibel airhorn, took it off when I sold it. I have looked over this site and so far haven't seen this topic.  I have recently put the money down and will be picking up the 2015 RT12 in mid May.  The "meep,meep" I find just does not arouse a texting teen or a hard of hearing senior, not to mention the mom with the  cell phone in the Escalade!  So my question is has anyone installed the airhorn in the RT?  Where did you place it if you did, does anyone have a step by step discussion or picture thread? Were there any issues that need to addressed?  Appreciate any input, thanks in anticipation.
Toes 
Spencert231

Re: Steibel Horn Installation Anyone

Post by Spencert231 »

Hi Toes you may want to check this out [size=15px]www.bmwlt.com/forums/rt.../61263-r1200r ... -nautilus-[/size][size=15px]install[/size][size=15px].html[/size]
Toes

Post by Toes »

Tried to use the link you posted however the browser won't take me there.  Any suggestions?  I know that the installation on the GT1600 did not interfere with the can-bus system, appreciate any input I can get on this however!

BeeJay

Post by BeeJay »

I had the same problem so I backtracked on the link and came up with two results:
Add rt.html or install.html  after the - this will take you to a couple of forum entries.
I don't know if these are the ones intended but at least you're in the right place.

Steveeung

Post by Steveeung »

I've just had a single Stebel magnum fitted on my brand new LE and works fine. It draws 6A.  It simply replaced the existing horn but needed a twin spade connector to replace the BM connector that fits the standard horn. A double would need a relay but won't affect Canbus the dealer told me.
Last edited by Steveeung on Tue May 05, 2015 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RT LE, San Marino Blue, Cee Bailey Screen, Nav IV, Hornig horn, Aux Lights, Michelin Pilot Road 4GT, Crud Deflector, Fender Ext
craig.dougall.1

Post by craig.dougall.1 »

I switched the pancake (meep) horn in my 08 RT for 2 (hi lo) 02 r1150rt horns.

Although a much "nicer" Plymouth sound the replacements were exactly as loud at 10ft as the pancake. Some ppl say the annoying part is important...ppl also would look for a bike with the meep as opposed to an old station wagon.

I put a Stebel in my 07 650 GS and it came in at about 2db louder (10db is twice as loud I think) so...

Here's what looks like a good deal: ordered a few things recently and received it in an 12 hrs!

http://www.motorcycleinnovations.ca/mob ... 90001.htm=

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
alex789

Post by alex789 »

Used Hornig supplied  horn with the cables as per link, thanks to the u tube clip was a simple install, cables supplied are all spot on, the horn is very laud

https://www.motorcycleparts-hornig.com/ ... ade-Steel/