Found a couple of issues

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Found a couple of issues

Post by Casbar »

So still getting to know the bike, but have found that the TPMS doesn't display any pressures. Plus, the general display kind of goes slightly brighter and duller, not controlled by raving engine, so not a charging issue. The bike is still under warranty and going in for a service in a few weeks, so will get them to look at it. Just wondered if anyone else has noticed a slight variation in display. I assume you don't need to be moving for the TPMS to work!
guest2360

Re: Found a couple of issues

Post by guest2360 »

Firstly the pressure monitor.  Put it on display then ride off and there it will be. Yes you have to move to activate it. The dash has a light sensor on it so it might just be that but to be honest I have never noticed it changing.
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Thanks, very much, spoke to the service department and they said exactly the same, should have done that first before posting, still like a (old) kid with a new toy. The guy reckoned the dash sensor was probably impacted as I was in the garage with strip lights, but they said they would check it out
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

So that's new bike, no issues. Can't be bad.
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Fingers crossed  :)
iRider

Post by iRider »

Now all the female members will be thinking... "Typical bloke, never reads the manual"...  :))

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Yup, good point - even have the manual in pdf  :)
step2534

Post by step2534 »

Its true we might flick through but never really read it.

Few months ago I sold a low seat to a bloke in London, he got in touch and sent me some photos saying " It doesn't fit theres a gap. " I don't think its even for this bike "

Silly billy hadn't dropped the adjustment bar at the front, so I borrowed a low seat and sent him photos with bar in high position and in low position.
never heard from him again
I suggested he looked in manual we are all guilty of it
Cleverbee

Post by Cleverbee »

Can vouch for that, a few years back we had the film crew for Traffic Cops out with us when a headlamp bulb went on a V70. No problem myself and my Sargent thought, pulled into the garage ,camera man out and started filming.....
20 minutes later, cut knuckles, loads of expletives and without the aid of a gynaecologist, job done.
We then consulted the manual...... 'In order to change headlamp bulb it is necessary to remove front bumper then light assembly...'
Bugger that !!!!!!!!!!!
Welcome my Son, welcome to the Machine !