Insurance Quotes

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Highlandbear

Insurance Quotes

Post by Highlandbear »

Morning All , Has anyone had any dealings with Bennets for insurance ? there policy appears to tick all relevant boxes including RAC cover , policy prices appear good , but appear to be some mixed reviews
Dave F
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Re: Insurance Quotes

Post by Casbar »

Try these guys, they are a broker, but were very friendly and gave a good price. My policy is with Aviva

http://www.principalinsurance.co.uk/pro ... insurance/
Cas21

Post by Cas21 »

I use Bennetts and have had no problems. I had to make lots of changes during the early part of the policy and nothing seemed to be too much trouble. It will be interesting to see what happens when my renewal is due
iRider

Post by iRider »

Im with them at the moment, as you say, they tick all the boxes but I guess with any insurance you only know what their like if you have to make a claim. The policy is underwritten by Aviva and came in cheaper than many of the others for exactly the same cover and excess applied.

Im not trying to sway you one way or the other but i take negative reviews of most things with a pinch of salt. You only ever get to hear from people when "in their view" things were not as they should have been or expected. They never tell you the full story or both sides of it. Likewise you are often not comparing eggs with eggs, if Company A has 10 negative reviews on a website and company B has 50 negative reviews, on the face of it company A is a better company. However, if when you dig deeper and find out company A has 1% of the market and company B has 38% of the market, the picture changes.

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.
DaveCly
Bike Model and Year: RT1200 Iconic
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
Great Britain

Post by DaveCly »

I was with Bennetts the first year when I came back to bikes a few years ago, no problems with them till renewal! .... Almost doubled :(
SteveLindsell

Post by SteveLindsell »

Doubling insurance after a year! Just had that myself with MCE today. I asked why double and was told because I had changes to the policy early on?....
Swapped from Suzuki 1250 to BMW R1200RT. The only change.

Be a bit of comparing this month.
Steve F
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2022
Great Britain

Post by Steve F »

Morning Dave! Yes, I'm also currently with Bennetts. Needless to say, I only went with them because their quote was the most competitive at renewal time last year. Just a case of seeing what they come up with at next renewal later this year as to whether I stay with them or not! I didn't bother with all the peripheral 'extras' on my policy, ie PAI, leathers & helmet cover, just the legal expenses and NCD protection.
Cleverbee

Post by Cleverbee »

Yep, me too for Bennett's, liked the option of many add-ons (crash bars, bash plates, etc.) For free without effecting policy price.  Just so long that the mods don't increase performance.
Welcome my Son, welcome to the Machine !
Highlandbear

Post by Highlandbear »

Morning All Thanks for input and thanks Casbar had look at principal insurance but not the cheapest I'm with Swinton just now which were less expensive than them, but Bennets still coming out on top ,quite like the idea they use RAC for breakdown cover ,have used them with the car (in Europe) could not fault the service to be fair,Bennets can do a policy with european breakdown cover for less than Swinton just for insurance, no brainer I suppose
Dave F