Finally fitted the front LED lights to R1200RT LC

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
Gadgetsandwheels

Finally fitted the front LED lights to R1200RT LC

Post by Gadgetsandwheels »

I finally got around to fitting those white LED lights I mentioned in a previous post to my bike. Easyish to moderately difficult job. Once you've found the point where to tap in to the electrics, the rest of it is faffing in the enclosed space inside the fairings to mount the lights. Fitted a separate switch to the filler panel where the 4 circles of raised plastic are if you don't have the audio setup. Seem to work fine. Won't be testing them outdoors for a few weeks yet until it gets a little bit warmer.  See my YouTube video if you'd like to see how they look... https://youtu.be/tecxNzfjKs4

Thanks
R1200RT 2015 after previously owning 3 R1200GS bikes.
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Finally fitted the front LED lights to R1200RT LC

Post by richardbd »

Gadgetsandwheels wrote: Won't be testing them outdoors for a few weeks yet until it gets a little bit warmer...

a Yorkshireman who only rides in the warm???

:alas: :alas: :alas:
guest3074

Post by guest3074 »

richardbd wrote:

Not me, just call me Martini  ;) :))
Cleverbee

Post by Cleverbee »

I'm in the process of fitting similar lights (Ring) to my crash bars.  I had some on my LT and found that the steel powder coated brackets actually crack in the corner of the flanges due to vibration ( quite disconcerting to have light bouncing around your foot whilst navigating your way round Koblenz)
Solved it with different brackets.
Interesting to know what that power socket is for, any clues?  Also the LED's draw 16W, thought it may upset the cambus, that's why I was looking into either Fuzeblock or PDM60 to have them come on with ignition without a switch.....
Welcome my Son, welcome to the Machine !
Gadgetsandwheels

Hello.  On the rear lights I managed to work out which wire powered the rear light and brake light and tapped in to that.  On the front, I kinda gave up trying to find the one that powered the angel eyes and decided to go for the thickest wire I could find that appeared to go in that direction for positive and earth.  I must admit I'd become a bit fed up of trying by then :-). So, it appears to work. Hopefully, no ball of flames as a result of using them.  I cannot say whether this is the wire to use or not.  I will look out for the brackets issue!  Thanks.
Gadgetsandwheels

richardbd wrote:

Yes and no.  Cold, yes but cold and possible ice, no.  No need to.  So no point in risking it.  Plus I'm not keen on covering the bike in salt if I can avoid it.
Pope

Post by Pope »

No...the aux LED lights are more than enough extra lighting,. I dont see the the need for extra extra extra lighting.. :eek:
Garage: 2016 BMW R1200RTLE Iconic #26, 2016 Ducati Diavel Titanium, 2015 Ninja H2 missile, 2013 BMW 640d Ragtop, 2014 VeeDub T5 180 Sportline