mounting with a top case

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
guest2360

Re: mounting with a top case

Post by guest2360 »

Not trying to make fun, just trying to understand your problem .
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

RTman10 wrote: And no the stand will not buckle or snap.

In the summer it might dig into the soft tarmac though - same for gravel in car park...

;) ;)
Vince Prince

Post by Vince Prince »

richardbd wrote:
In the summer it might dig into the soft tarmac though - same for gravel in car park...

;) ;)
Good advice. After having my Aprilia sink into my mates tarmac drive, I never go anywhere without a puck... the twenty-first century replacement for a squashed coke can.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

And a great mod to the puck is to drill a small hole in it and attach some string. You can then sit on the bike and pull the puck out, stick in your pocket and off you go  :)
mercator1

Post by mercator1 »

turdboman wrote: Any techniques for mounting with a top case  , i can't lift leg high enough to just put it over seat !
  With my top case on (new model not as simple to remove), I have trouble lifting leg over seat to mount.  My knees are bad, and it's a stuggle. However, I just bend the knee up as much as I can and grab the pant hem with my right hand and help it over.  Works ok.  Getting off is easier.  I can do the reverse while hopping back a little on my left leg.  These bikes are made for short guys with bad joints.
Tango

Post by Tango »

turdboman

Post by turdboman »

mercator1 wrote:   With my top case on (new model not as simple to remove),I have trouble lifting leg over seat to mount.  My knees are bad, and it's a stuggle. However, I just bend the knee up as much as I can and grab the pant hem with my right hand and help it over.  Works ok.  Getting off is easier.  I can do the reverse while hopping back a little on my left leg.  These bikes are made for short guys with bad joints.
That's what i finally figured out ,grab my cuff and lift it over seat !!