New owner

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Gman1969

New owner

Post by Gman1969 »

hi all, just brought a new ebony rat from canons in Braintree so will be joining the ranks in a month, totally blown away on test ride today, goodbye triumph explorer, will be joining the banter.
Cheers
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Re: New owner

Post by Casbar »

Welcome. I bought my RT 3 weeks ago, but kept my Harley as well. Did you look at the new Explorer, that looks like it could be sweet.
Gman1969

Post by Gman1969 »

I was going to wait till May for new explorer but after test riding rt I thought it would make a nice change, I dis try k1600 but felt it a harsh ride certainly not as much fun as rt.
Vince Prince

Post by Vince Prince »

Gman1969 wrote: hi all, just brought a new ebony rat from canons in Braintree so will be joining the ranks in a month, totally blown away on test ride today, goodbye triumph explorer, will be joining the banter.
Cheers
Cannons are my local dealer. How would you rate the service from them? Did you get a discount? Only asking as I am just about to commit to an RT, probably from them.
Cheers,
Vince.
Gman1969

Post by Gman1969 »

I thought they were great, I got a good part ex price on mine but no discount on bike except free top box. My brother brought his rt last year and has always had good service I would recommend them. Go and buy one as my missus says you work hard right? You deserve it
Vince Prince

Post by Vince Prince »

Went to see Adam yesterday, top bloke. Gave me a great trade in price. Nothing off the bike but a grand of the accessories so well chuffed.
Cannons were a pleasure to deal with. Looking forward to France, Germany and the Netherlands trips later in the year.
Gman1969

Post by Gman1969 »

Nice one chap - I wonder if Adam will give me commission on that deal!! lol
Gman1969

Post by Gman1969 »

What colour did you go for? - I asked for the fastest one and Adam said that this had been an issue and the talk on forums for some time so they decided to settle it by making all Ebony ones the fastest and also enhancing the suspension to make it feel smoother whilst giving the best feedback. Strange I know but apparently true :)
Vince Prince

Post by Vince Prince »

I went for the updated 2016 Platin Bronze with the 'stealth pack'. Although a darker bronze, my Aprillia (keeper) is so quick it must surely be down to the colour ;) QED.

Cheers.
Vince
Gman1969

Post by Gman1969 »

I loved my Aprilia - I wished I never sold it.
richardbd
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richardbd »

Gman1969 wrote: What colour did you go for? - I asked for the fastest one and Adam said that this had been an issue and the talk on forums for some time so they decided to settle it by making all Ebony ones the fastest and also enhancing the suspension to make it feel smoother whilst giving the best feedback. Strange I know but apparently true :)

Sounds like a fairy story to me.  Surely not even BMW would be daft enough to make metallic brown bikes the fastest ones??

:alas: :alas: :alas:
guest2360

Post by guest2360 »

They obviously have a shed full,of brown to shift.
Vince Prince

Post by Vince Prince »

Gman1969 wrote: I loved my Aprilia - I wished I never sold it.
It's a keeper all right, it always brings a smile to my face. Adam at Cannon's was hoping I was going to PX the CBX. I'm keeping that too.
Cheers,
Vince