Cell phones

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
slowvet
Bike Model and Year: 2011 r1200rt
Has liked: 8 times
United States of America

Cell phones

Post by slowvet »

Is it legal or a problem in your respective countries for motorists? The distraction is what I'm talking about. Have to really be on your toes here in southern ca anymore.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Re: Cell phones

Post by Casbar »

In the UK, only hands free, it you are caught holding your phone, its points on your license and a hefty fine. If you use a phone and its not hands free, you are supposed to pull over and switch the engine off. So it is a bit of a problem as people still ignore this law
Levisp

Post by Levisp »

IMHO they should have been banned phones in cars for drivers. Handsfree is not a safe option in my view. Talking to someone remotely is very different to talking to your passenger. I cannot see a single phone call thats more important than life. If you drive turn them OFF !. Mr Grumpy's rant over. :)
guest3074

Post by guest3074 »

Levisp wrote: IMHO they should have been banned phones in cars for drivers. Handsfree is not a safe option in my view. Talking to someone remotely is very different to talking to your passenger.
I'd rather someone was on the phone actually looking forward than parents who turn around to have words with the kids in the rear  :o
Levisp

Post by Levisp »

Sure. I was referring talking to a front seat passenger whilst having your eyes on the road. You will be amazed at how many people take their eyes off the road to fiddle with some fancy control in the car. However the best is still to come. Fancy built in comm/nav/entertainment devices.
T6pilot
Been liked: 1 time

Post by T6pilot »

slowvet wrote: Is it legal or a problem in your respective countries for motorists? The distraction is what I'm talking about. Have to really be on your toes here in southern ca anymore.
That's why I us high beams, photon blasters, P3 lights and hiviz jacket on my rides, yet still get cut off by distracted drivers
Recently one of these miscrets cut off a motor officer in a double left turn lane, I was a couple vehicles back, to say the cop was pissed was a understatement, bet the lecture was long and the citation expensive
Jim