sena smh5 and neotec

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Hodge

sena smh5 and neotec

Post by Hodge »

sena smh5 Ha anyone fitted one of these to a neotec helmet.

Mine has fitted nicely but the standard speaker are a little obtrusive.  Do they make smaller speakers or has anyone fitted them into the helmet recess and removed the circular helmet padding
stelyn

Re: sena smh5 and neotec

Post by stelyn »

Hi Hodge, as you no doubt now know, the Neotec header liner / padding just pulls out and you will see the recess for the ear phones. The lower part of the chin / cheek liner has three press plugs, remove starting with the top one as the lower edge is a slide type lug fit and if you just pull on it instead of `sliding' it out, it might break. On the rear of the small `ear ' covers over the earphone recess, these have 3 plastic tags that just clip in. These tags have a raised small circular area of foam on their rear,  that fit's into those earphone recesses, to assist in preventing the earphones from being so obtrusive, I used a Stanley blade to cut these foam bits off flush, as these would normally sit in the recess, the `ear cover's' can then be replaced for a more comfortable fit now sitting on top of those earphones. Hope this is of some help.
Steve ;)
Last edited by stelyn on Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Only a Motorcyclist knows why a dog rides with his head out the car window
Hodge

Post by Hodge »

Do you have the ear piece on the other side of the foam that you have cut off.  I can see a plastic shield that the foam recess attaches to
stelyn

Post by stelyn »

Hodge wrote: Do you have the ear piece on the other side of the foam that you have cut off. I can see a plastic shield that the foam recess attaches to
Yes, the ear piece  fits into the recess instead of the rounded shaped foam,  that forms the rear part  of that `plastic shield'-  but to then refit flush,  you need to  trim it off carefully,  alternatively just don't re-fit the plastic shield.  I have kept the cut off bits of foam which could be glued back on if required,  but Shoei  supply all the internal parts anyway.    Hope this helps...... ;)
Only a Motorcyclist knows why a dog rides with his head out the car window
Hodge

Post by Hodge »

Great stuff thanks